Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2012 16:00

Printing Barcodes with a Dell 5330dn?

According to tech support and sales I should be able to print barcodes on this laser printer (5330dn) without additional hardware. No USB fonts required. Problem is they can't tell me exactly how to do it and I'm unable to locate any documentation!

I need the escape sequences necessary to enable PCL barcode printing, print my barcodes and re-enable the default font. The sequence/codes should look similar to this (s1p102h11v4,8,12,16s24671T. I need the ability to send the codes to the printer from within a Basic application. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

WW

117 Posts

August 8th, 2012 11:00

From the users guide it seems like a font card is needed:

USB font cards can be used to permanently store additional Fonts and forms. This card can be used to enable the printerto print barcodes and logos. Once the card is installed, the printer automatically detects the additional fonts in the card. Please contact Dell sales team in your region for the USB font card.

That being said I do not see one available for sale. You may want to contact your sales team again to see if they are able to locate the device or you can have them send the request to the second tier support(ILS). They should be able to assist with he escape codes as well.

3 Posts

August 9th, 2012 07:00

I contacted my sales rep and tech support they too were unable to find USB font card for sale! Go figure, lol.

117 Posts

August 9th, 2012 08:00

Did you have any luck with support or sales forwarding your case to ILS? If not you might try contacting Dell again through the Chat tech support and asking them directly. Since there are multiple documents that reference the usb key and not one for sale ILS should be able to find a workable solution for you.

3 Posts

August 9th, 2012 10:00

What is ILS?

117 Posts

August 9th, 2012 12:00

Imaging life support. It is Dell's top tier of Imaging support agents.

No Events found!