Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2011 19:00

Printing Problems With My Dell V715w

Figures, 5 months out of warranty and my V715w is acting up!

I installed a new ink cartridge June 13, 2011 and started printing my papers for college and the printer started printing all these blue boxes all over the paper! At first I thought it might have been the ink cartridge; however, I changed the cartridge and the printer did the same thing. I then reinstalled the cartridges and did a cleaning, of which the blue ink puddled all over the paper! I can't print a test picture, can't do an alignment - everything comes out blue! The rollers inside is full of blue ink. How can I fix so the printer works properly? I didn't have this problem before I changed the ink cartridge, and when I did put a new cartridge in the first time, about 18 pages printed real nice, then the blue ink started printing all over the place. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is my only printer and I need if for college and business. Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 19th, 2011 17:00

littlebull11,

Using Microsoft Word? Are they blue or grey?

Try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Before you reseat the Dell Series 21, 24 cartridge, shake it to dislodge the sensor, if it gets stuck.

Rick

June 20th, 2011 09:00

Hello Rick,

Thank you so much for responding promptly.

I had cleaned my printhead twice, and that is where all the blue ink came out and puddled on the paper. (What a mess!). After trying just about everything that I could think of, decided to go to bed and sleep on it. It worked as had dreams about a tech telling me to unplug everything and let the printer reset itself.

Needless to say, the next morning I unplugged the printer, removed the program from the computer, waited a 1/2 hour (actaully got my coffee), then reinstalled. The printer is working like a champ now.

I then started to think back about the week; had installed a new color cartridge and everything was fine until we had a power outage from our usual lightning storms (here in the Tampa Bay area), and then had the problem. Even though I have surge protectors on everything, with the new electronics today - they are probably more sensitive. I made a note in my printer manual about this problem in case it happens again.

Thank you, Rick, for your response in helping me with my problem. I greatly appreciate it.

Danita

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 20th, 2011 09:00

Danita,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

During power outages and power flickers, wireless routers and other wireless devices can and usually have issues. Powering off the ISP modem/router and the wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds, then powering on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, the power on the wireless router(if any). This usually repairs the connection problems.

The printer and other wireless devices need turned off for 30 seconds, then power them back on.

Take care,

Rick

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 08:00

My V716w won't print . Can't move it from error message "printhead problem". I cleaned the print head. Deleted the printer and reinstalled drivers. Turned off and restarted modem and wireless router. Printer is 14 months old.

No Events found!