Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

April 11th, 2011 07:00

Spooler SubSystem App error

I have a Dell XPS 630 computer, operating system is Windows Vista (32-bit), with a Dell Photo AIO Printer 966. While the scanner worked fine when I go to print, it first says that I have a communication problem and not print.  At times, I would restart my computer and sometimes if I'm lucky, it would print.  I just got frustrated with always having to do that and most times, it didn't work anyway, so I tried reinstalling it.  I didn't have the original cd that came with the printer, so I downloaded the driver from Dell's website.  Now, after reinstalling it with the downloaded drivers, it states, " Spooler Subsystem App has encountered a problem and has to close."  Althoug I've had this printer for a while (bought new), I"ve had very little use from it.  It was printing fine, when it did work.  Now since the reinstallation, which didn't complete correctly, I guess I  have some components of the driver download in there, but it's not even recognizing that this printer is intalled when I try to print.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.  Nothing is working.  This "Spooler System App" comes up every time and installation is not successful.  I'm just lost!  Please help. Thank you in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 11th, 2011 09:00

peachJJ,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers. Install the Vista 32-bit drivers. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 966 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

If using it wirelessly, instructions also on that page. Remember firewalls and virus programs will block printer communications.

You'll need an OCR Program, since you don't have the printer disk, if you want to scan a document. Try using Simple OCR it should work nicely with your printer.

Rick

No Events found!