Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2011 14:00

This Document Failed To Print--But It Does!

I have a Dell 2330dn laser printer that resists any attempt to set it up as a network printer because no matter which driver I use, if I try to print to it as a network printer, it pops up a little, yellow 'This document failed to print' message, and then prints a couple of seconds later.  I have a Dell 1720dn printer hooked up to this same network, which never has this problem.  I connect to it with a standard TCP/IP port, but neither the standard, nor the open printer driver will work without this error.  This error occurs both on Windows XP SP3 machines and off of a Windows 2003 server that is used as an application server.  It is extremely annoying to receive this message every time, and to get complaints on it from the other users.  I am hoping that someone here will know something that I do not.  I thank you in advance for your time and your replies.

March 15th, 2011 13:00

I'm guessing that no one has a clue why a this particular laser printer works so badly as a network printer...note to anyone reading this: pick another printer.

No Events found!