Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

August 8th, 2015 10:00

V505 scans but print jobs hang in print queue Win 7 64 bit

V505 print jobs sit in print queue "printing" but it never prints.  Windows 7 64 bit.  Scanner works OK.  Printer is connected via USB cable.   Scanner scans OK to the PC.

I have tried uninstalling the printer and all associated apps,  unplugged USB,  downloaded and run R264508.exe (v505 drivers). .  

When the installer gets to the point that says plug in the printer,  I plug it in and windows immediately start installing devices.  The install program never moves beyond the plug in printer step (the next button never activates).   Once the windows devices are installed my only choice has been to close the Dell driver installation program. 

At that point the printer appears in my devices, its ready and its the default printer.  The scanner also appears.  The scanner works OK.  But print jobs hand from any app going to the printer.  I have tried from notepad,  PDFs and Office.   The hung job will not cancel, so I delete the printer reboot the system and go back to step 1.  Same result every time. 

I also tried using device manager to update the drivers, but windows comes back with "drivers are the best available".. 

Any ideas -- I have not already tried will be appreciated.    I have been able to print to the PDF and XML printers, so I'm assuming the windows print queues are working.  USB must be working (I can scan documents).  Windows has all updates installed (Windows update report no more available updates).

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 08:00

fred64,

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

August 12th, 2015 11:00

I uninstalled IE11 and unchecked the show status option.  Now when I try to print, the job still hangs in the print queue (says printing), but I get a pop up message "can't communicate with printer'.  Since I can scan from the printer, I assume the USB cable and hardware are OK.  Any other ideas on why the print jobs Hang in the queue?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 22:00

fred64,

Try turning off the balloon tips.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

No Events found!