Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2013 13:00

V715W Printer printing problems

I am having the exact same problem and my computer is also like your Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit specs . Hi, I would like to jump on this thread, as I am having similar issues. I have read your other helpful posts and tried to follow the steps, "deleteprintjobs.cmd" etc. I have a V715W. I am running a HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12GB RAM. My printer basically will run one print job, then the second job hangs up. It will make the sounds like it is about to start, but it never goes. I am willing to try anything and everything from scratch. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot. Wireless security is WPA Personal, TKIP encryption. Let me know what other info you may need. I will take no offense to you treating me like I know nothing about computers (I kind of don't)!!! Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 31st, 2014 21:00

G-Mac65,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Internet Explorer 11 causing printing problems, unreal.

Take care,

Rick

2 Posts

January 31st, 2014 21:00

Absolutely positively unbelievable!   I've been dealing with this since November, i.e., since the automatic IE-11 update!  Simple fix - brilliantly simple.  Truly was about to buy a new printer tomorrow.  Many thanks!  Converting collective user frustration to dollars would be a nice class action. 

1 Message

February 2nd, 2014 08:00

I too was having the "print once and hang issue" with my Dell V515W printer. This would happen from 3 different machines on my homegroup network.

All are Dell machines running Win7 64 bit. All I can say is "what the heck?!"

Machine 1 – Desktop, used exclusively at home, IE11, Windows Firewall-on, AVG2013

Machine 2 – Laptop, used exclusively at home, IE9, Windows Firewall-on, AVG2013

Machine 3 – Laptop, used at work and home, IE11, Windows Firewall-on, AVG2013

Machine 1 was corrected when I: went to Windows Firewall settings > Allow programs through the firewall… There I set "File and Printer Sharing" to include Homegroup and Public, and set "V310-V510 Series" to include Homegroup and Public. I also disabled several programs related to an old Lexmark printer we had shared on the network. I did not have to downgrade from IE11?

Machine 2 was corrected when I repeated what I did on machine 1.

Machine 3? The changes above did not help this machine. There we some other HP printer/scanner applications on the Firewall list that I could not disallow because I need them at work so I don't know if that would have helped or not. ALSO, when this machine printed once and hung then that apparently impacted the other 2 machines that had been working correctly!? So, I tried using the AVG Firewall instead of Windows Firewall and whitelisted the IP of the printer. Nope. I gave in, and tried the downgrade from IE11 to IE10 and bingo! Now all 3 can print multiple times! WTH!

Downgrading from IE11 to IE10 seems to be the easiest fix but apparently that isn’t the whole story? Good luck people! 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2014 12:00

jxsbraves2041,

Internet Explorer 11 is the cause of most the the recent printing problems.

AVG has been a problem for a long time, with printing problems. I have these instructions, Allow Wireless Printer Blocked by AVG 8.0 Firewall

If the instructions fail, I get the person to remove AVG using the AVG Removal Tool then restart their computer and in many cases, the printer can communicate. So you have a combination of issues that were compounded.

Other members that don't have AVG, once Internet Explorer 11 is removed, printing is back to normal.

Rick

March 8th, 2014 21:00

I am having the EXACT same problem and I have to keep rebooting my machine and turning my printer off and on. It's very frustrating.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 9th, 2014 05:00

sueinthewind,

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

8 Posts

March 9th, 2014 14:00

I am unclear regarding the "Delete Print Jobs" solution. Is this a one time fix, or a process to be followed each time the printer hangs up? I am among the frustrated, whose V715W hangs up after 1-2 successful print jobs. The job shows as printing, and I've tried to "Resume" or "Restart" the queued file, with no luck. All I can do is to restart my computer, at which point the job that had been in queue automatically prints (no manual intervention required). Note: I uninstalled McAfee quite a while ago. I have NOT tried to uninstall the printer/drivers and then reinstall. Any recommendations would be most appreciated. Michael Patrylo

2 Posts

March 9th, 2014 15:00

Follow RockStarRick's suggestion above in this thread.  Simple fix that worked for me and I had the same problems as you.  It is not McAfee (I have that too).  The problem is with the November update to Internet Explorer 11.  

8 Posts

March 13th, 2014 12:00

Uninstalling IE 11 seems to have resolved the printer hang up problem.  Thanks.

Another issue - my printer frequently prints pages with numerous and randomly placed shaded squares.  At times, it also prints black&white text in color (generally, an olive green, or red).  I have performed standard maintenance (e.g., print head alignment and cleaning), with no success.  I am using discounted, compatible (non-Dell) ink cartridges.  Could this be the problem?  Or, could it be a driver problem?  I should point out that the problem seems to subside when multiple pages are printed.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 13th, 2014 12:00

MPatrylo,

I cannot remember if you need to reinstall Microsoft Office, please make sure you have the product key using Belarc Advisor before removing Microsoft Office, then restart your computer and the reinstall Microsoft Office.

Or

Try reinstalling the printer and see if the grey boxes go away.

Rick

1 Message

April 2nd, 2014 08:00

That is about when I had my problem too. How do I get rid of the IO11 upgrade?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2014 11:00

Realtormep,

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Rick

1 Message

May 1st, 2014 04:00

Hello!

I have a Dell V715w and after one successful print job the second will not start. As said in the thread earlier, it sounds as the printer is about to print but does not. If I restart the computer the print job will print and C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS is empty again.

The solution I found without restarting the computer (works but must be done EVERY TIME you want to print) was to delete "dleejswx.exe" via Window Task Manager.

I use avast but have tried with it turned off. So still no solution but I can print... Any help would be appreciated.

Using Windows 7 64bit.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 1st, 2014 16:00

ahrlind,

Rick

8 Posts

May 2nd, 2014 07:00

This solution worked for me.  Returning to IE 10 immediately resolved my printing problems with the Dell 715W.

Michael

No Events found!