Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 20th, 2017 19:00

V715w Printer Communication Problem

Hi. I have a Dell V715w wireless printer. I've had printer performance problems since about the time I got the Windows 10 Anniversary update and I'm up to the Creators' Build now. I've checked for driver updates and it says I have the latest driver, DELL_V715w_wcr_64_en.exe, and the latest firmware. The printer is just very slow. I get no error messages. It seems to be working correctly, just something is messing up the communication between the pc and printer. When I ping the printer, responses are typically 1 or 2 milliseconds. As soon as I send something to the printer, pinging the printer shows responses often in the 1 to 3 second range. Printer performance follows these ping results. Occasionally, I'll get ping responses in the 200 milliseconds range and the printer is much faster than when responses are closer to 2 seconds. Would appreciate suggestions for troubleshooting the communication issue that's impacting my printer ping response times. How could I check to see if it's a Printer Hardware problem with the wireless adapter? I'm still hopeful it's just a case of confused communication between the printer and the router or between the router and the PC. It works fine when wired from PC to Printer, but it's a network printer so that's not a viable solution.Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 21st, 2017 11:00

Thank you for your message.

This printer model is not tested for Windows 10, there is no Windows 10 driver available on our support site.

The previous version driver (Windows 8) may work. However, there will be limited functionality & communication issues with the driver.

Please try connecting the Ethernet cable & check if this is slow. This will help us determine if there is a hardware issue with the wireless card.

You can reset the wireless settings by following this link http://dell.to/2sB3rBd (Page 131) 

219 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 16:00

Thank you for your message.

This printer model is not tested for Windows 10, there is no Windows 10 driver available on our support site.

The printer worked fine for about a year after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Then it abruptly slowed down very significantly. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or so per page. I'm printing a lot less lately. ;)

The previous version driver (Windows 8) may work. However, there will be limited functionality & communication issues with the driver.

I installed Win8 driver in compatibility mode. It seems to have helped a little, but still not as fast as it used to be.

Please try connecting the Ethernet cable & check if this is slow. This will help us determine if there is a hardware issue with the wireless card.

No problem with USB from pc to printer as I said in my original post. I didn't try Ethernet. Might that give results different than USB results?

You can reset the wireless settings by following this link http://dell.to/2sB3rBd (Page 131) 

I haven't tried this yet

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 23rd, 2017 13:00

Please reset the printer to factory settings.

Once done, download & save the printer driver from this link http://dell.to/2tXONTW

Open device manager - expand imaging devices- right click on the printer driver & click on uninstall (check the box that says delete driver). Do not restart the computer.

Install the saved printer driver in compatibility mode again & then restart the computer.

Try disabling the anti-virus & then print to check if the issue persists.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2017 15:00

shelquis,

What wireless router setting s are you using? I would use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11.

What virus program and firewall are you using? Virus programs have caused issues with printer communications.

Did you turn off the printers balloon tips as Internet Explorer(even if you don't use it) causes printing problems for multiple documents.

Turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

(Right click) Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show.

Rick

219 Posts

June 24th, 2017 10:00

Sreejith, you said.....Please reset the printer to factory settings.

What do you mean? Were you talking about the wireless settings that you had mentioned in an earlier post, i.e. You can reset the wireless settings by following this link http://dell.to/2sB3rBd (Page 131) ? Thanks. Would appreciate some clarification.

219 Posts

June 24th, 2017 17:00

Sreejith, I understand how to do the wireless reset (you gave me the link) but I don't know how to do the complete printer reset. Can you provide instructions? Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 24th, 2017 17:00

You can reset the wireless setting first & check if this resolves the issue. If this does you need have to try the complete printer reset & loose other printer settings.

You can reset the printer back to factory settings if the issue persists.

Note- resetting either the wireless settings or the complete printer will require you to enter the network password again.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 24th, 2017 18:00

Sorry for missing that. Click here http://dell.to/2sB3rBd (page 17) to find the details on how to reset the printer back to factory settings.

No Events found!