Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2012 12:00

Wireless Printer V515w - Lost Installation CD

I lost my installation CD and had to have my hard drive replaced a while back so the software is no longer installed on my PC.

We changed internet providers so I need to reconfigure the printer to work with my new secured wireless - but don't know how to change it without the installation CD (all directions say to use the CD).

Any ideas how to update the connection from the printer to the router without the installation CD OR how to get the installation files from the CD (is there a download of the installation disk files)?

Thank you.

Lisa

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 20th, 2012 12:00

Lisa,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V515w Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

The drivers can be downloaded from the Dell V515w Wireless All In One Printer - (RED) owners thread

With the computer online, install the printer drivers. Choose new installation and follow the instructions. It will prompt you to connect the printer, your network and password. Then follow the instructions.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

May 20th, 2012 17:00

I get to the point where it asks what color the Wi Fi indicator is...and when I click that it's orange, the program flickers but doesn't go to another screen.  The green button tries to locate the printer so I know it's doing something but I can't get it to ask for my network and password or to ask to connect my printer.  I have turned off my firewall and virus protection temporarily during the installation but it doesn't help.

Thank you for your help with this.

Lisa

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 20th, 2012 18:00

Lisa,

Make and model of your wireless router.

What type of security and what channel are you using?

Rick

May 20th, 2012 19:00

This is wireless router provided by our cable provider - Wide Open West (WOW).

The make and model is Arris / WTM652G

We don't know what channel it is on and we do not have a button to do the connect from the printer.

Thank you.

Lisa

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 20th, 2012 22:00

Lisa,

You can try reading...

How to login to your wireless router and use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Here is a link to setup the router, with pictures that may help. You won't have to delete the wireless adapter or follow the instructions after that section.

Setting up/Troubleshooting a Wireless Network

If you cannot log in to your wireless router, you may have to contact your ISP and ask them to setup the router.

Rick

18 Posts

July 28th, 2012 16:00

The installation software is available in the drivers download section along with firmware updates.

It is called Driver for OS Deployment. I was in the same situation, I had to reload the operating system on my laptop with XP pro. There is a selection for the correct download depending on your OS.

If they just called it the installation software, it would be much easier to find.

It is a big file, but it isthe same as the intalltion CD. Select intalling a new printer.

Make sure the printer has the green wireless symbol on.

April 14th, 2016 04:00

Go to Dell's web site. Just download the driver and your printer should be back up and running in no time. I would also advise you to save the driver on a USB stick or CD if you ever need to reinstall the printer in the future.
Source(s):
answers.yahoo.com/.../index

No Events found!