Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2009 01:00

dell imaging toolbox- v305 AIO

i got a v305 from my dad. But didn't get any software with it. All i need is to be able to download the toolbox application. But can't find it anywere plz help me how can i find the application or what ever so i can get the tool box??????????

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 14th, 2009 01:00

stormilynea,

If I'm correct, the Dell toolbox is in the drivers package.

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on). Please use a 6ft or smaller USB Cable.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If the printer has the wireless card and you want to use it, since you said you do not have a wireless router, you can use the ad-hoc mode, just follow the instructions below and tell it you do not have a wireless router.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Rick

1 Message

December 6th, 2010 12:00

Rick -- thanks for the detailed instructions --- you are a life saver!! I only use the Dell V305 for scanning and I changed computers and had lost the original software disk and when the computer recognized the printer it didn't load the imaging toolbox and I couldn't find the required download on Dell's website! Thanks again for making my day a lot better!! Have a Happy Holiday!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2010 10:00

Lois Bragg,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Since you lost the printer disk, if you want to scan a document, you may need an OCR Program. Simple OCR should work nicely with your printer.

Take care,

Rick

January 16th, 2013 10:00

Got my computer fixed, lost dell imaging tool box for my v305, what to do?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 16th, 2013 16:00

johhnys dell imaging,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V305 printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the pritner was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, insert the Dell V305 printer disk and install the printer.

Rick

1 Message

July 20th, 2013 11:00

I don't have the CD for the drivers for my v305w so I have downloaded the drivers from the links in other posts for my windows 7 laptop but I want to scan pictures in and it won't let me. It is saying the whole 'cannot retrieve application list'. I don't have the dell imaging tool box either and I think it would work if I have that. It worked fine on the last computer but won't work with my laptop - can you help? 

No Events found!