Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2012 16:00

dell printer V515w software

I can not find the CD that came with this printer. I was able to download the driver, but not sure how to do scanning, etc. The original had a software suite, nit just the printer driver. Where can I download the driver?

Thanks

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2012 17:00

Now I am getting agivated. I looked on the dell support website everywhere. I was only able to downoload drivers for the printer, nothing for the scanner/fax. I  guess without the CD can't do much. Ready to toss this printer. Sure it was cheap, but not worth the hassle, everytime I have to do scanning, etc. I guess "you get what you you pay for" is always true.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 08:00

rashidf2,

The printer needs an OCR Program installed to be aboe to scan and fax. If you click on the blue PudgyOne on the next page, click start conversation, we can discuss the possibilities for an OCR Program.

Rick

3 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 10:00

Rick,

Apologies. I was just venting off, becuase I misplaced the CD (my own mistake). With 4 kids I am having trouble keeping track of things :) I've finally found the CD. The printer works just fine. It gets some abuse with no issues.

Thanks for the reply.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 10:00

rashidf2,

No problem. I hate it when trying to use different OCR programs. The original program works well. Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!