Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2007 16:00

"EOJ" printing after every page

Does anyone know how to get the EOJ from printing after every page?  I know its "End of Job" but I cant figure how to prevent it from printing.  Its wasting paper.

Thanks

49 Posts

June 20th, 2007 22:00

Your problem reminds me of the ol' days working with main frames.

More info about your situation might be helpful.
What applications are you printing from?
All Microsoft products? And custom applications?
Does every application do this, including printing from Notepad?
What model printer are you printing on?
Are there more than one?
If so, do all the printers do this?

49 Posts

June 21st, 2007 00:00

I'm still scratching my head on this one.
Can you clarify that the EOJ is " after every page."
So a 5 page document prints page 1, then EOJ, page 2, then EOJ, etc.
Or prints all 5 pages, then EOJ.

17 Posts

June 21st, 2007 00:00

Yes it does it on every page that I try to print.. Word, excel, webpage.. Printer is a Dell 1600n

49 Posts

June 21st, 2007 01:00

This would make me want to start over with a complete reset on the printer. I did find this in the user manual. Keep in mind that ALL settings are lost!!
If this is not clear due to the forum format changes - check the user manual for clearing the memory in the maintenance section. It is also available on the Dell site.
< ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>
Clearing the Memory

You can selectively clear information stored in your multi-function printer's memory.

1. Press on the operator panel until "Maintenance" appears on the top line of the display.

2. Press the scroll button ( or  ) until you see "Clear Setting" on the bottom line and press
  3. . The first available menu item, "Paper Setting" displays on the bottom line. Press the scroll button ( or ) until you see the item you want to clear. Paper Setting: Restores all of the Paper Setting options to the factory default. Copy Setup: Restores all of the Copy Setup options to the factory default. Fax Setup: Restores all of the Fax Setup options to the factory default. Fax Feature: Cancels all of the scheduled fax jobs in the printer's memory. Advanced Fax: Restores all of the Advanced Fax setting options to the factory default. All Settings: Clears all of the data stored in the memory and resets all of your settings to the factory default. Sent Report: Clears all records of your sent faxes. RCV Report: Clears all records of your received faxes. Phone Book: Clears the speed dial or group dial numbers stored in the memory. Press . The selected memory is cleared and the display asks you to continue clearing the next item.

• Repeat steps 2 and 3 to clear another item.

OR

To return to Standby mode, press .

17 Posts

June 21st, 2007 01:00

Hey

It will print all 5 pages then print a EOJ.. I hooked up another printer I had.. a canon... it DID NOT print the EOJ
No Events found!