Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2012 19:00

scanning problem:

My Dell Photo A10 Printer 926 Inkjet Printer will not scan things to my pc. When I press the scan button all I get is a requesting scan reading, and the printer just freezes there.  I have to turn off the printer to be able to copy or print again. help.

113 Posts

September 4th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

The issue seems to be with the printer driver installed on the computer. Please disconnect the USB cable that runs from the printer to the computer and uninstall the printer driver by using third party uninstaller software. Here is a link to download one.

http://bit.ly/PDR00V

Install the software and uninstall the printer driver using the Advanced Uninstall option from the software.

The software prompts asking you to delete the Registry keys corresponding to the printer driver. Select all and delete them.

Restart the computer to remove any traces of the printer software.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and press the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”.

The services to be enabled are:

1. Human Interface Devices (HID).
  2. Printer Spooler.
  3. RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  4. RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  5. Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  6. Windows Installer.

Download the printer driver from the link below.

http://dell.to/PZL6Wk

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers. Ensure that the printer is powered on.

1. Please copy the link above and paste it in the address bar of the new internet explorer window.
  2. Choose the relevant Operating System and download the printer driver to the desktop.
  3. Double-Click on the downloaded file.
  4. Click “Yes”, when the utility prompts to extract the files.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  6. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.

Please let me know if this helps.

September 5th, 2012 10:00

willy60,

Do you have the OCR Program installed?

Are you trying to scan from the Dell All-In-One Center?

What virus program are you using?

Rick

No Events found!