Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2009 14:00

trouble with 968 printer

i tried to do some photos on my dell 968 and they came out with and orange and red tint.

i talked to someone at support and they said you must have the photo cartridges to do photos.

i would think that it would work with the other carts

if you have any suggestions on this problem please let me know.

thaks

John Toth

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2009 16:00

John,

As long as you're using Dell Series 7 ink cartridges, I don't see having a problem. Before I go to print pictures, when I click the file, print button the printer screen pops up. Change the printers preferences to Photo 4800dpi and the pictures should turn out fairly decent. I only print a few pictures as I have found out it's cheaper to take them to a photo place and upload the pictures that need to be printer. Cost of paper, ink, etc..., it's just my personal opinion. Refilled cartridges, and I tried then already, give terrible color quality.

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

111 Posts

April 24th, 2009 12:00

Hello John,

My first thought is how full is your color cartridge? If it does show that it has ink left, try performing a couple Clean cycles via the Maintenance section using the printer's Operating Panel.

BTW, you don't necessarily need a Photo cartridge to print photos. You'll just get better depth, blacks and colors with the photo cartridge. However using your black and regular color cartridge will still render great looking prints.  :emotion-11:

Shogun33 

No Events found!