Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

September 13th, 2010 09:00

v305w Says "Alignment Problem" ...

I put a new black cartridge in my v305w -- bought from InkJet Superstore -- and it prints fine from my computer but:

1. The new cartridge doesn't show up on Dell's print monitor -- it shows an icon for an empty cartridge

2. The printer says there's an alignment problem and won't let me copy things. Test sheets seem to print out okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 13th, 2010 11:00

pab2009,

Using non Dell Series 9 ink cartridges will give you error messages and may cause the printer not to function.

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 16th, 2010 13:00

pab2009,

If you cannot copy a document, the it's tied to the Dell Series 9 ink cartridges. You can try Cleaning Dell ink cartridges. In another thread, members found that if they put tape on the cartridge, where the ink caomes out and insert in printer error message occurs. They then took the tape off and placed the cartridges back in and they started working.

If that doesn't work, then the cartridges will probable need replaced with Dell SWeries 9 ink cartridges.

Rick 

11 Posts

September 16th, 2010 13:00

Thanks for your suggestions. Resetting things got rid of the error messages -- bu the copier doesn't copy things (they come out blank) and the Dell print monitor says the black ink (full) is nearly empty ...

11 Posts

September 16th, 2010 14:00

The odd thing is, the printer prints from the computer okay -- even though the Dell printer monitor sees the (full) black cartridge as almost empty. But the copier, as i say, doesn't copy. What does that suggest -- that PC printing works but copying doesn't?

Thanks for your help.

September 16th, 2010 20:00

pab2009,

I used to have a Dell 964 printer that used Dell Series 5 ink cartridges. I have seen the computer tell me that the cartridges were low and the printer said they were full. Reinstalling the printer did correct this issue and may work for you, too.

The printer should have a accurate display of how much ink is in each cartridges.

Rick

No Events found!