Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2011 07:00

v313w Printer Driver for Mac is Corrupt

The Mac printer driver for the Dell v313w Wireless All-in-one Printer is broken:

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukbsdt1&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R272657&formatcnt=0&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=403243

The DMG file is corrupt, can Dell fix it, or does anyone have a copy I can have?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2011 07:00

January 9th, 2011 10:00

Thanks for that, the link worked great. However it doesnt find my printer wirelessly, it works when plugged into USB but when i take out the USB it just says "No printer detected" ... printer works fine on my Windows laptops so its not a wifi or printer issue.

Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 9th, 2011 11:00

coderanger,

What type of security are you using in your wireless router?

What channel?

Mixed mode?

Rick

January 9th, 2011 12:00

I dont use any security, I lock it down via MAC address, otherwise it slows down network traffic by a huge amount and makes connections to the network fail regularly and slow.

As I said, Mac is on Wifi with no problems, Windows laptops are on Wifi with no problems, Printer is on Wifi with no problems, Windows connect to printer with no problems, Mac cannot see printer.

The Mac or Mac driver must be the problem, not the network really.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2011 09:00

Not able to install this driver for Mac Lion ??? Any Help ??

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2012 06:00

PaolinoParis,

Yes, it's ridiculous that Mac came out with a new operating system that would not use the old Mac Printer drivers.

Other forum members had tried using these Mac Os X 10.7 Lion Driver for the Dell V313w Printer.

Rick

1 Message

March 3rd, 2012 06:00

not even working with my 10.7.2 OS

Redicoulous !! 

4 Posts

April 2nd, 2012 14:00

Apologies, I assumed this was a Mac-only related thread. Trying to scan in Lion.

4 Posts

The disc I have is Windows-only. Even the drivers are buried in DLLs and whatever else. As I mentioned, the Lexmark drivers work fine for printing, but not so much with scanning. Thanks for the help, though. Appreciate it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Leon DH,

On a Windows system you need to install the OCR Program. I am not sure if this will work for a Mac or not. Maybe there is a file in there that you know will help the OCR Program to install.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

4 Posts

This works fine for printing. Any word on scanning? I've tried sane and other things, but no dice so far.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Leon DH,

I have some knowledge of the printers and the software. To scan and fax, you need an OCR Program to use. It's usually on the printer disk because of royaltied, it is not available to download.

I was hoping that if you pur the printer disk in, you could either install the OCR Program from the printer disk od you could fine the installer in the folders to install the OCR Program.

Mac threw a curve when they went to Lion, because the previous drivers would not work, Other members have found the Lexmark drivers that worked. Unknown if they have a solution for the OCR Program.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Leon DH,

I know the printer can be installed on Mac operating systems, so I thought that maybe the Old Mac drivers and a way to install the OCR Program for a Mac were there.

If they are not there, then you'll need to find an OCR Program that works with Mac.

I thought I had a program for faxing but it is also a Windows only program.

Sorry if I couldn't be of much help.

Rick

4 Posts

No problem. Thanks again for the assistance.

No Events found!