Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2013 11:00

v515 Prints once and freezes the WIN 7 Print Que

v515w on a Dell XPS8300 WIN7 SP3-64byte - was working fine, now it prints once and I must reboot to clear the print que then it prints once again.  I reinstalled the driver twice.  I also reinstalled it in compatability mode per the Dell instruction Article 604004. I have this printer on a home network and the two other lap tops print fine, one is a WIN7 system and one is an XP system.

If I try and stop a document in the que it just sits there and never actually deletes it. If a second document is there I can successfully stop it, but there is always one that can't be unless I re-boot.

Any clues as to why this happened?  Nothing I try seems to fix it.  Same situation as described above with a hard wire USB cable.

6 Posts

December 18th, 2013 15:00

I have experienced exactly the same problem with my 313w.  I went through Dell Tech support and paid my $89 as the printer was out of warranty.  The first tech did not solve the problem but when I called back today, the tech solved the problem.  He told me that I had IE 11 installed with my Windows 7 and that IE 11 was designed to work fully with Windows 8 and still causes many problems in Windows 7.  He uninstalled the IE 11 update rebooted the computer and now the printer works fine!

If the tech's diagnosis is correct, Microsoft should be ashamed of putting out an update the causes problems with OEM peripherals!

December 19th, 2013 09:00

CDRRN, thanks very much for sharing this information!  If I could buy you a beer I would!  This solved my problem!!

I uninstalled IE 11 and reinstalled the IE 10 security updates and low and behold it has worked for 8 print jobs including re-boots!

Thanks again and have a great Holiday!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 15:00

Starfish1,

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 8th, 2013 04:00

classichogrider,

Can you please tell me the virus program and firewall you're using?

Can you also run Network Interface and post the information back here

Rick

December 9th, 2013 07:00

Macafee AV 15.6, Macafee Firewall 12.6

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh wlan show interface

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name                   : Wireless Network Connection
    Description            : DW1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card
    GUID                   :
    Physical address  : 

State                  : connected
    SSID                   : Twin
    BSSID                  :
    Network type           : Infrastructure
    Radio type             : 802.11n
    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal
    Cipher                 : CCMP
    Connection mode        : Auto Connect
    Channel                : 1
    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 144
    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 144
    Signal                 : 99%
    Profile                : T
    Hosted network status  : Not started

C:\Windows\system32>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 9th, 2013 09:00

classichogrider,

Try channel 11 in your wireless router.

Run Delete Print Jobs then restart your computer.

Try...

Allow a printer past McAfee

If the problem persists, I would get the product key for McAfee, you can use Belarc Advisor. I would then remove McAfee using the McAfee Removal Tool then restart the computer. Then try to print. If everything is working, then reinstall McAfee.

Rick

5 Posts

December 12th, 2013 16:00

I have the exact same problem I think -- v515w connected USB to Windows 7 64-bit Dell StudioXPS 8100. Worked fine for years. Suddenly it started the exact behavior you describe. I can print one document, then I have to reboot. I have discovered in the past few days that usually just stopping and starting "Print Spooler" service is enough to get the stuck document(s) to print.

If I hook the printer to my Inspiron laptop also running Windows 7, the printer works just fine, so I know it is not a printer hardware issue.

I don't know about you, but I find a have a service listed in Services that is not starting and will not start. The name of the service is dleaCATSCustConnectService and it says the path to executable is: C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\\dleaserv.exe.  I checked and that file exists, so it's not a "File not found" problem. Windows says the problem is "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I have read somewhere on Google that this service is or may be associated with the Dell Series 310-510 printer drivers.

So far I am living with the "Stop Spooler Start Spooler" band-aid fix but it's annoying.

Have you made any progress resolving the issue. I was on the phone with Tech Support for what seemed like a couple hours and I thought at one point we had it fixed. But the problem returned a few minutes after ending the call.

5 Posts

December 12th, 2013 17:00

I had the same problem start with my V715W printer from on or about 5 December 2013. Will print 1 copy then all subsequent print jobs do not print, sit in the queue and even if deleted will not be removed from the print box. Then will only print if I reboot.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall my printer. Tried it on WiFi only. Had my son in law check things out - not sure what he did.

Phone Dell support yesterday and after 2 hours of them working remotely could not fix the problem.The technical was extremely patient and suggested it might be an issue with a recent Windows 7 update - he did try unsuccessfully to resolve that.

Eventually my options were to get someone to check out the printer or do a System Restore from prior to 5 December. It was not logical that the printer was faulty as it still printed propeller BUT only one job at a time and all other functions worked.

I decided to do a System Restore dated 4 December and now everything works! Suggest you try that!

I am now loathe to allow any Windows updates 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2013 17:00

davedc50,

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Check your virus program and firewall settings.

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

5 Posts

December 12th, 2013 21:00

I tried most of your suggestions. You did give me a good idea which was to script the two commands "net stop spooler" and "net start spooler". By running that, the document I wanted prints and it is a lot easier than running the commands in the Services window or rebooting.

As for virus program, I noticed that McAfee Security Center had a minor version update recently, and of course signatures are updated at least daily, so that could be the culprit but I have no way of knowing for sure. Disabling on-access scanning and the firewall did not solve the problem.  I would not consider uninstalling it -- recipe for even bigger problems.  I wish McAfee Security Center had the granularity to be able to tell the on-access scanner to keep its hands off dleaserv.exe, because on further inspection I find that is part of the w515 drivers and is responsible for starting a service dleaCATSCustConnectService. That service plays a part in "Communication with printers."  Hmm ...

Problem could be a Windows or Office update, or other application update -- Adobe, Firefox, Intuit.  I am not brave enough to use a restore point from say 12/01/2013, fearing a bigger problem than I have now.

Changing the Power Management on the USB root hubs did not help. I did not mess with networking because I have deliberately taken networking out of the picture for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks for your suggestions.  The little stop-restart print spooler routine will make life easier.  I am going to keep poking around to see what else I can find out about dleaserv.exe and the associated service dleaCATSCustConnectService.  Does anyone else find this service on their computer, set to start Automatic, but not running??

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 14th, 2013 14:00

davedc50,

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Try reading...

Allow a printer past McAfee

If that does not work, then I would uninstall McAfee, using the McAfee Removal Tool then restart the computer and try it. It things work, then reinstall McAfee. Sometimes updates to McAfee block the printer from communicating.

Rick

2 Posts

December 18th, 2013 10:00

I am also experiencing this problem.   Windows 7 with Mcafee.    How not performed a system restore yet.

Has anyone found a different resolution?

Thanks

December 18th, 2013 13:00

I have tried everything except a system restore.  My two other systems on my home network print just fine on the V515.  I just deleted Macaffe (which I did not like anyway) and installed Norton 360...same problem.

Dumping the print que does not work after the first print job completes, it just hangs until I re-boot the system.

This is very frustrating...

1 Message

December 18th, 2013 14:00

I am having the exact same problem with my P713w.  Windows 7 with latest updates which I do not want to undo. I do NOT have McAfee; I have Microsoft Security Essentials. How do you script the commands "net stop spooler" and "net start spooler"?

2 Posts

December 19th, 2013 09:00

Removed IE11, printer working.

Thanks!

No Events found!