Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2012 07:00

Dell Client System Update repeatedly installs "NVIDIA QUADRO 5000" A09 (275.89) drivers.

I have a Dell Precision T3500 with an nVidia Quadro 600 graphics card. The system is running the nVidia drivers for this card with driver version 275.89. It is also running Dell Client System Update v1.2.2. All updates have been applied by both Microsoft Windows Update and Dell Client System Update. Therefore, Dell Client System Update should report that no updates are currently available. All runs of Check for Dell Updates in Dell Client System Update continue to report one recommended update. The update is listed as "NVIDIA QUADRO 5000" with a date of 10/18/2011. Dell Client System Update is unable to recognize that this driver is up-to-date. It is also worth noting that the tool lists a Quadro 5000 update although the hardware is a Quadro 600. This inconsistency is odd as the drivers from nVidia should be the same for all modern Quadro series cards. Due to this defect I am unable to leave the Dell Client System Update tool set to automatically download and install updates, since every run will trigger a reinstallation of these drivers.

This behavior appears to be due to a defect in the Dell Client System Update tool v1.2.2. Is there user action that can be taken to resolve this? How can defects in this tool be reported to Dell for repair?

System configuration:

• Dell Precision T3500
  • nVidia Quadro 600
  • nVidia Drivers 275.89
  • Dell Client System Update v1.2.2

2 Posts

October 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi,have the same issue, but I have PRECISION T3600 and Nvidia quadro 600 . Client system update continue ask installation of the same old driver

No Events found!