Original Question: Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Software Guides by natakuc4
Note: Please vote on the IdeaStorm Ideas listed below so Dell will follow my and others suggestions to improve their software services.
If .pdf internal hyperlinks don't work ensure you are opening the .pdf in Adobe Reader or PDF XChange Viewer or Foxit Reader opposed to within the web browser. If the SkyDrive link don't work use the WordPress link.
Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Software Guide Contents:
1. A Clean Install of Windows.
Upgrading to Windows 8.
A Clean Install of Windows 7.
A Clean Install of Windows Vista.
A Clean Install of Windows XP.
A Clean Install of Windows XP from USB.
2. Microsoft Windows and Office Information and Downloads.
Requesting a Windows Reinstallation DVD.
Windows 8 Information and Offers.
Windows 7 Information and Downloads.
Microsoft Windows 7 Official .iso Download Links (Digital River).
Convert your Windows 7 Reinstallation DVD to a Bootable USB.
Windows Vista Information and Downloads.
Microsoft Windows Vista Official Setup Files Download Links (Digital River)
Convert your Windows Vista Reinstallation DVD to a Bootable USB.
Windows XP Information.
nLite: Update your Windows XP Reinstallation CD.
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Works.
Microsoft Office 2013 (Customer Preview)
Microsoft Office 2010.
Microsoft Office 2007.
Microsoft Software [Other].
Microsoft Security Essentials.
Microsoft Windows Live.
Additional Recommended Software.
Remote Connection & Virtual Machines.
Music and Video.
3. Dell Downloads.
Registering with My Dell Downloads.
4. BIOS Screen Sketches.
Disable Card Reader [Variant A].
Disable Card Reader [Variant B].
Disable Flash Cache Module.
Disable Secure Boot.
Disable Secure Boot and UEFI.
Disable USB 3.0 Functionality to Install Windows froma USB Flash Drive.
SATA Operation [Variant A].
SATA Operation [Variant B].
System information [Variant A].
System Information [Variant B].
5. Recommended Upgrades for Your Dell Before A Clean Installation.
6. Diagnosing Windows StartUp Problems.
Last Good Known Configuration [Windows Vista/Windows 7]
Startup Repair [Windows Vista/Windows 7]
Last Known Good Configuration [Windows XP]
Startup Repair [Windows XP]
Running Dell Diagnostics
Data Recovery of the Hard Drive Using Fedora
7. Diagnosing Internet Explorer Problems.
8. Dell Factory Settings – Windows Vista/Windows 7
Making a Recovery USB Stick with Dell DataSafe
Recovering from Your Internal Factory Partition
Recovering from your Recovery USB
9. Unofficial Driver Sets for Selected Dell Systems.
Installing a Driver in Compatability Mode
Installing a Driver in the Device Manager in Windows Vista, 7 and 8
Uninstalling a Driver in the Device Manager in Windows Vista, 7 and 8
10. Repartitioning your Hard Drive once Windows is Installed with EaseUs partition Manager.
11. Checking your Original System Configuration.
12. Sofware Maintenance
CCleaner - Cleaner and Registry Cleaner
Defraggler - Defragging your hard Drive
Malwarebytes' AntiMaware - Scanning your Ssystem for Malware and Potentially Unwanted Programs
13. Hardware Maintenance
Cleaning out the Vents
Selecting a Laptop Cooling Pad
Windows 7 Availability
Supported Systems for Windows 8
Windows 8 Start Menu
Drivers and Downloads Improvements
• Unofficial Driver Sets (Windows 7/Windows 8)
Out of curiousity, if you have time can you fill in this poll:
I am wondering whether users like the new user interface of Windows 8 or prefer that of Windows 7.
To make Requesting a Reinstallation DVD easier and to get more information see and vote on:
Note if you want Windows 7 on a new Dell machine, you must purchase it with Windows 8 Professional in order to have downgrade rights to Windows 7 Professional.
1. "No Audio" FAQ -- if you have no sound from both the speakers and the headphone jack.
2. Headphone Jack FAQ -- if you have sound through the headphone jack but not the speakers.
3. Audio Driver FAQ -- information about audio drivers.
4. Choppy/Skipping Audio Workarounds -- tips from owners on dealing with audio glitching.
5. Dell Diagnostic Audio Tests -- when you need to know if a problem is in the hardware or the software.
6. HDMI Audio FAQ -- when you want to send audio through an HDMI cable to a TV.
7. Input Monitoring FAQ -- when you want to hear whatever is plugged into the mic/line-in jack.
8. How to Insert a Screen Shot into a Post -- to include an image in your post.
9. Inspiron 700 & 710 Speaker Wires Can Break -- causing loss of audio through speakers but headphones still work