Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

October 28th, 2018 11:00

CD Burning Error?

Hello,

I just went to backup my photos using my CD burner and encountered an error.  I've always used the Roxio program that came with my desktop.  I receive the error 0x80041024.  I tried their software patch and it wouldn't install.  I tried two other burning programs and they wouldn't work either.  When using these burning programs, the burn starts and looks like it will go through but then I get an error of some type depending on the program.  My burner was working perfectly fine when I started this backup and then all of this began to happen.  I'm using Staples brand CD-Rs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 28th, 2018 12:00

Roxio has a patch but be aware that windows 10 if you have it might be the culprit. 

https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216505507-Roxio-Burn-failed-to-burn-this-disc-Extended-error-0x80041024

2 Posts

October 28th, 2018 15:00

Thanks for the response.  I tried that and when I installed it I received this message.  I'm using a six year old Dell desktop and the same version of Roxio that came with it.  Its worked fine before and even worked great today for burning a few disks.  I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.  Other burning software won't let me do anything either.Untitled.jpg

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 29th, 2018 03:00

Roxio has always been buggy.  The Roxio "Drag to Disc" has caused many problems.   I used to use Roxio but got tired of all the bugs and problems and moved on.  

Suggest you completely uninstall Roxio (reboot the PC after the install - do not skip this) and use another program.  Leaving Roxio installed (and with problems) and installing a second program can result in it not working, too.  One free program that is popular is "CDBurnerXP".  It has a sort of Roxio feel so learning it shouldn't be a problem. The XP name is a misnomer as its compatible with XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10.

https://www.cdburnerxp.se/

No Events found!