Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2012 11:00

Can't download Web cam driver and software and face recognigation software.

Hello Everybody,

I have purchased a dell inspiron 14R on 08/13/2012.

Inspiron 14R 5420

I live in Bangladesh and purchased it from Dhaka,Bangladesh. The retailer didn't give me any any cables except the adapter and the power cord and did not provide me with the driver CDs and Application CDs. They said this things does not come with the laptop in bangladesh. I found some drivers in dell website but did not find the webcam driver/software and face recognigation software. How do i find all these sofwares and other utility softwares that comes with the laptop?

Note: Itried the following link(Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)
Access and Download Software installed on my PC from the Dell Factory) but the link does not respond.

https://smartsource.dell.com/web/UserForms/RegisterSystem.aspx

Also tried the following link that does not respond too.

My Dell Downloads

And another thing is, when I intended to register my Laptop on dell website then I notice that my country(Bangladesh) is not listed there. so I registered the laptop using a address of India. How do I re- register the laptop using my own address?

677 Posts

August 16th, 2012 15:00

Hi baaundule_jhor,

The links from where you are trying to download the facial recognition software and webcam software are the correct ones. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox does not support My Dell Downloads hence please use the Internet Explorer. Please find below the link to register in to the website.

smartsource.dell.com/.../Welcome.aspx

1. Once the link is open please click on continue and register yourself on the website

2. Request you to go through the End User License Agreement and select Agree.

3. Click Register System.

4. You will see a notice in the Internet Explorer tool bar indicating that you need to install Active X Controls. Click the information bar on the web browser to allow Active X to install.

Please find the link below for FAQ's on My Dell Downloads

support.dell.com/.../document

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards

Harish R

#iworkfordell

August 17th, 2012 10:00

Hello,

I allowed Active X to install, but nothing installed.

Later I installed Microsoft .NET Framework version 4. But still the download page does not respond then i installed windows explorer 9, nothing happened.

Please help me. Send me another link to download those softwares or sujjest me an another way.

677 Posts

August 21st, 2012 07:00

Hi baaundule_jhor,

Request you to private message me your system service tag number. To private message accept my friend request, click on my user name and click start conversation. This will be helpful for me to take a remote access of your system and have it installed for you.

Thanks and Regards

Harish R

#iworkfordell

No Events found!