Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 14:00

Create Factory-Image on external usb-hdd with Alienrespawn

Hi

I have an Alienware Aurora R4 with Alienrespawn (premium version). I created a factory-image on an usb-stick without problems and it works. It is possible to do it also with an external usb-hdd. It works without problems. I used a 3TB hdd for it so it rests a lot of free memory to use.

1. Is it possible to use de rest of free space with the factory-image on it without problems?

2. I have other two dell notebooks with Dell backup and recovery. Can I use my 3TB usb-hdd to create from each system a factory-image on it? My idea is to have one usb-hdd with the factory-images of all my systems created with Alienrespawn or dell backup and recovery.

--> one backup drive with 3 factory images on it instead of 3 usb-sticks.

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2016 21:00

Hi, I got a problem here, and I don't know how to make a new topic in this forum.

I got Alienware m14x R1. I unboxed my alienware in late 2012 and never create a factory image or backup.

Now it's almost 4 years old since I unboxed it and I got some problem here and I wanted to restore my laptop to the point when It just unboxed (FULLY WIPE / Reinstall Windows) I see that using Alienrespawn is the only way to do it. So I just Installed Alienrespawn yesterday (No alien respawn in my laptop, I don't know may be It accidentally uninstalled).

Because I don't have any alienware disc or factory image or backups of system restore points so I just create a Factory Image yesterday. It takes arround 2 or 3 hours to create the Image and need at least 30,4GB (I used a External USB HDD). Then I just Do the recovery. I do it in the Night and just go to sleep. This morning I see my recovery is complete and click restart. But what I got is NO WINDOWS INSTALLATION like I just unboxed. It just say "Starting Windows" and when it already fully ON in desktop. I see nothing happen. All my files, my mess, and everything is still there.

Did factory Image I create yesterday bring all my setting and files too ??

I just wanted to REINSTALL my windows.

I tried to download windows from microsoft site. But they ask me my serial code, when they verify they said that my serial I only for pre-installed windows please contact your manufacturer for recovery option.

Please help. I just wanted to new start with my laptop. I just wanted back to condition where I unboxed it. I see many videos in youtube already, Like the vidioes from Alienware support. But that video is got completely different alienrespawn than I used now.

Please help me, Thank you

No Events found!