Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 17th, 2012 09:00

DELL DATASAFE LOCAL BACKUP SHOWS ERROR WHEN 1ST DISC IS FINISHED

Hi, Everybody...

I have a problem when i want to create recovery dvd's with Dell Datasafe Local Backup...

I do all the steps, i put the 1st blank dvd in the drive, the program writes the 1st dvd but when the program is verifiying data in the disc, show an error and it can,t write the second disc.

I tried many times but the error is the same...!!!

Can Someone help me...???

Do i use another aplication to write the recovery partition data in dvd's...???

2 Posts

January 29th, 2012 07:00

Hi....

I could solve the problem, you must uninstall the program and install the program again with the full installer....

Here is the link: http://dslbdownload.datasafelocalbackup.com/DataSafeLocalBackup_Basic.exe

Warning: When you create the dvd's and try to install the os with the dvd's, the recovery program will format all your hard drive, and the partitions created to keep the personal data will deleted.....

I lived the bad experience, all my personal data kept in other partition were deleted...

1 Message

January 27th, 2012 03:00

I have the exact same problem as Dissoltec. I just got my notebook dell n5110  2 days ago, and i wanted to burn my recovery dvds. I've tried 3 times and they  all stop when the program was in the middle of verifying disk 1. I'm also thinking about using the other burner software to make the recovery backup, but i'm not sure if that's the real problem. Could you help us??

2 Posts

April 3rd, 2012 05:00

I had the same problem. I call it the hubbel space telescope titanic gambit. Hardware diagnostics testing the burner don't actually burn and try to verify a disc. After all the Dell support babble I finally insisted they put in a new DVD drive. That fixed the issue. The acid test of a drive is not a spindle test but a critical write read verify test actually burning a disc ala hubbel space telescope never actually tested optically on the ground. I've seen a lot of poor souls post this problem. In my case it originally burned two good discs and verify failed on the third. From there on in it kept failing in verify no matter what brand disc I tried. Dell reinstalled the program and it failed on disc one immediately in verify at 5% then a second try failed at 17%. I called support and insisted on a new drive. That did the trick I would consider a successfully recovery set the acid test of a drive, not a spindle test where no actual disc is made and verified. I hope this helps all the suffering people out there who painfully wasted a pile of discs trying to make a recovery set. If it fails in verify it's telling you the drive can't actually read what it wrote and in my case the original drive didn't fail until the third disc. I imagine there might be other causes but in my case it was the drive. TSST. Toshiba samsung storage technologies in an XPS 15.
No Events found!