Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2014 11:00

Dell Backup & Recovery Premium - "Operation Cancelled"

Hi
Thanks for your assistance!

I have the upgraded Dell Backup & Recovery Premium, every time  I try to do any form of backup, either to a external drive with 700GB free space, or my laptop with 100GB+ free space I get "Operation Cancelled ... destination location unavailable or not enough free space on the disk".  This is not a hardware/software issue with my system, I have performed multiple system back up with NERO and my WD software (external hard drive) with absolutely no issues.  It seems to be a DELL software issue.

Thanks for your help!

May 19th, 2014 13:00

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help!

The program auto upgraded to version 1.7.1.0, and this enabled the backup to be completed successfully.

Josh

255 Posts

February 28th, 2014 13:00

Hi Josh,

I'm the Lead Quality Engineer for the Dell Backup and Recovery development team.  This is a strange one.  Could you please tell me the system model, OS version, and version number for Dell Backup and Recovery?

You can find the DBaR version number by clicking the gear -->about in the upper right corner of the app.

As you are trying to do a full system backup, could you also tell me the size of the used space on your C:\ drive?

Have you created any other partitions on the primary HDD? Removed any partitions?  What location are you backing up to in the screenshot above?

I'm very interested in working with you to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks Much,

February 28th, 2014 15:00

Hi David

Thanks for your response!

I have a Dell XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook (V511082AU-XPS 12) - Windows 8 - DBaR Verion 1.5.0.0.  There is 96.5GB of 221 GB of free space, so around 125GB is used.   There have been no partitions created or altered, but it will also not work on a WD external drive with 700 GB of free space.   I have never been able to do a DELL Premium system or data backup, there is no problem with NERO or WD backups or either drives.

The screen shot has created in MS OneNote, and exported to the desktop.

Kind Regards

Josh

March 3rd, 2014 08:00

Hi Dave

Thanks for your help!

I have clicked the "Check Now" button, and checked the "automatically check for updates" check box.  It comes up with a box "Welcome!   Your application is up to date".

Josh

255 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 08:00

Hi Josh,

Please update the program to the latest version and let me know if this changes.  Open Dell Backup and Recovery and click the 'Update' tile on the homescreen.  This process takes a little while, and you will want to reboot when all is done and wait about 15 min before opening Dell Backup and Recovery to try this again.

Thanks,

255 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 12:00

That is odd, your application is certainly not up to date.  Let me do some checking.  Will let you know ASAP.

Thanks,

March 3rd, 2014 13:00

Hi Dave

Thanks again for looking into this issue :emotion-2:    I have attached a screen shot which shows my license and software version 1.5.0.0, and the window which confirms it is updated.   (I edited the original post 5 minuets ago to remove the license key, as it could not be pirated).

Josh

255 Posts

March 5th, 2014 09:00

Josh,

I would like to have our engineering team evaluate your situation and will need some log files if you are willing to provide them.  I will add you as a friend so we can send private messages.  In the meantime....

1) Please navigate to the DBaR installation folder, typically C:\program files (x86)\Dell Backup and Recovery and save the following files to send to me (* being the wildcard, i.e. all files in the designated folders with those names)

Dell Backup and Recovery installation folder\UI*.log

Dell Backup and Recovery installation folder\Components\DBRUpdate\*.log

2) After you have saved the files above to a separate location, we will attempt to force an update.  Search for this file "DBRUpdate.exe" and run it.

Let me know if it updates.

Thanks,

March 5th, 2014 10:00

Hi David

Thanks again for your help!

I have sent through the requested file.

I have located the DBRUpdate.exe file.   It requires administrative authority to run, so I select "run as administrator", it opens the window and lists the publisher as "unknown", I chick yes to run, but nothing appears to happen, and the screen disappears.  When I open the DB&R it is still 1.5.0.0, and nothing visually appears to be updated.

Josh 

255 Posts

March 18th, 2014 15:00

Josh,

We have corrected the update error.  Please update the DBaR app and let me know if this solves your original issue.

Thanks,

No Events found!