Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2010 02:00

Dell DataSafe Local Backup screen keeps flashing up!!

I have never used DataSafe since I bought my Studio 1555 last September, but for some reason the blue and green datasafe box thing has started to keep flashing in the middle of my screen. It is only up there for a fraction of a second but its keeps doing it every minute or so and is getting extremely annoying as it stops whatever I am doing.

I believe the message is saying 'Loading Please Wait'. I also think that it is slowing my computer down as it is running in the back ground.

Is there someway to disable it to stop this from happening. I have tried to open the programme but the box just flashes up again and than nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirsten

6 Posts

December 18th, 2010 22:00

My new dell is doing the same,anyone have an answer?

159 Posts

December 19th, 2010 05:00

Did you see this problem since you have bought your new dell computer or its a new problem? I think you should be faced it lately. Yes?

6 Posts

December 19th, 2010 17:00

This is a new Inspiron 17R I got on 12/14/2010. At first Datasafe would not start because the warning stated it was missing a file.Two days ago that problem stopped and now it seems to be working ok except for the Datasafe  Ids loading, Ids wait screen flashes up every few minutes It only stays up for about 1 second but it's annoying.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

December 19th, 2010 19:00

Have you tried disabling it in Startup?

Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG. Click the startup tab and uncheck the box next to Datasafe Local Backup.

6 Posts

December 24th, 2010 23:00

Yes I tried that,but it is not listed anywhere in msconfig.

• 

17K Posts

December 27th, 2010 06:00

kristenm,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Have you tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it? Do you use Datasafe? If not, you do not need to reinstall it on your computer.

6 Posts

December 27th, 2010 20:00

Yes,I can't uninstall it.When I click on uninstall nothing happens.Also I can't reinstall it.

• 

17K Posts

December 29th, 2010 04:00

KirstenM.,

What version do you have? You tried uninstalling the program through add/.remove in the Control Panel?  Have you tried running an update on the program? Try these steps to update;
  1. Launch Windows explorer.
  2. Navigate to - "C:\program files\Dell Datasafe local backup\components\dsupdate\dsupdate.exe"
  3. Double click dsupdate.exe to manually update the application.

1 Message

July 21st, 2011 02:00

Hi,

yesterday I had the same problem with my Dell Inspiron N5010. I tried everything written here, but nothing works.

So, try to download programe called "Revo Uninstaller" from their official page and uninstall Dell DataSafe by using the highest method.

I hope you will be succefull.

No Events found!