Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2015 19:00

Dell Datasafe Local Backup Premium

I have a Dell Inspiron N7010 and I recently upgraded the HD to a 1TB drive.  I rebuilt it scratch using the Recovery Discs that I created using Dell Datasafe Local Backup Premium ver 9.4.67 that I purchased the upgrade for.  I installed all the application I needed and updated the Microsoft Updates including SP1 for Windows 7 Home Premium. I upgraded the Dell Datasafe Local Basic Premium but when I try to do a Full backup the only options available under Backup is "Create Recovery Media" and File & "Folder Local Backup". I have uninstalle the application multiple times but it's always the same.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 28th, 2015 23:00

Dell DataSafe is long obsolete, you should remove it and install Dell Backup and Recovery:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery/

Make new Recovery Media for the factory backup once you have Dell Backup and Recovery as it has a multitude of fixes and enhancements. My guides instruct in doing so.

3 Posts

March 1st, 2015 14:00

Thanks for the reply.  I only purchased the upgrade 18 months.  I think I'll look at other products first.  I looked at Acronis True Image that someone here suggested. I have 130 GB of a 1 TB drive in use  and the backup was estimated at over 6 hours.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2015 10:00

I just downloaded the Dell Backup and recovery basic.  In order to install it I had to remove the Dell Datasafe Local program.  After installing the Backup and Recovery software I go an error message stating that "The factory Recovery Partition that was included with your system is missing or corrupt".  I quit the program and rebooted using the recovery partition and even asked it to repair my Windows 7  partition and it cam back saying it found nothing wrong.  It looks like there is nothing wrong with the partition.   Any idea why the Dell backup and recovery software is reporting a problem.  I don't want to want another $50 on bad software.  Is there any support from Dell or this software?

No Events found!