Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2011 12:00

Dell Support Center - How to change the language to English?

I purchased my computer in Switzerland, and even if everything else is installed in English, the Dell Support Center software and messages all appear in German. How can I change the language to English?

thanks,

Jean

3.8K Posts

March 7th, 2011 05:00

Hi Cacador,

Welcome to the Community. The best way to change the language would be to Uninstall it from Add remove programs, and reinstall it using the below link. When installing select English as your language and then complete the installation.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/dsc_home?c=us&l=en

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

2 Posts

September 24th, 2011 21:00

I'm wanting to switch DSC from Japanese to English.

OS is Vista Business 32 Japanese.

When I went through this process I wasn't given any "Select Language" option and DSC re-installed in Japanese.

Any suggestions on how I can switch DSC from Japanese to English?

Thanks,

John

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 25th, 2011 12:00

John,

Try the instructions located at...

Uninstall Dell Support Center

Removing the temp files should help to remove everything. Then use the link to download and install Dell Support Center. That should then ask you to select the language you want.

Rick

2 Posts

September 26th, 2011 02:00

Thanks PudgyOne. I tried it a few times but still couldn't get it to work.  There isn't a language select option with either the download link or when aulauncher.exe is installed.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2016 18:00

I purchased my computer in Switzerland, and even if everything else is installed in English, the Dell Support Center software and messages all appear in German. How can I change the language to English?

thanks,

Jean

1 Message

September 6th, 2016 06:00

I have the same problem but uninstall what exactly?

September 27th, 2023 08:55

@DELL-Royan S​ Done all this several times but the second page - Properties still comes up in German - First page is in English.

September 27th, 2023 09:12

Just tried to do this on 'chat' keep wanting a 'tag number' - I would have to call in an engineer to get at the back of this very heavy printer - so looks like Dell can't/won't help!

No Events found!