Re: Dell Update Application broken

Jump to solution

Uninstalled every Dell application from my laptop, removed both Dell folders under Program Files and Program Files (x86), removed the Dell folder under the HKLM\Software in the registry, and rebooted.

Reinstalled the latest Dell Update for Windows 10 by right-clicking the install program and choosing Run As Administrator

Started the Dell Update app as Administrator.

Works now!   Hope this works for your too!

0 Kudos
Nibbel
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Update, got it working in the end.....

1. it all went wrong in v3.1.2

2. update to v3.1.3 did not help.

3. uninstalled Dell Command v3.1.3

4. uninstalled Dell Optimizer Application v6.3.2

5. installed Dell Command | Update for Windows 10 v3.1.0

6. installed Precision optimizer Application v6.4.5

This worked for me. .... 😉

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Jump to solution

Hello 🙂

Were you able to perform the steps shared? If yes, can you please share an update with me?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
alcohenusa
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

None of the recommended fixes work. Even rolling back to an old version of the application doesn’t fix it. 

0 Kudos
ecohen
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

same problem here.  uninstalled, run as admin, blah blah blah.  still stuck at 10%

there are two differences on my machine:

1)  I tried just "Dell Update" and it said it is not compatible with my machine.  The problem is with "Dell Command Update 3.1.3"

2)  In the control panel and/or "add/remove programs", I don't have a "repair" option.  Only "uninstall"

0 Kudos
ecohen
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

update on my side in case anyone from dell is monitoring this.  i completely uninstalled and wiped all folders off my machine for anything dell command update related, then was able to install dell update, which i read on another thread is apparently the exact same thing as dell update, but just with a different name.  i rebooted, installed dell update instead of dell command update, but not that it's a surprise, this did nothing and i still get stuck at 10%.  there is nothing in the kb, so it's possible dell isn't even aware of the issue.

for now support.dell.com works but that usually gives me different results than dell command update.  i've had different people from dell tell me each one is the preferred method and the other method doesn't work as well, so i just use both.  the support.dell.com team is an entirely different engineering team than the "dell update/dell command update" team, so they appear to both do their own thing.  not sure why they have two different names for the dell command update/dell update though.

0 Kudos
cthrgef
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Dell Update stuck at 40% - I found a very simple fix, hope it works for you.

I just restarted my computer and ran Dell Update a 2nd time and it finds an update for "Dell Update", that is ironic. I ran a 3rd time and it gave the system is up-to-date message.

0 Kudos
rchosen
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The culprit is the Intel Wi-fi6 AX200 device driver that causes the Dell Command | update to get stuck at 10% (at least in our All Dell Latitude shop). Update to this driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

old driver version: 21.20.1.1 dated: 5/30/2019
new driver version: 21.90.3.2 dated 05/04/2020

Good luck

0 Kudos
Anita007
2 Bronze

Rif.: Dell Update Application broken

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with dell ispiron 7777 destop. I am very angry, IThink I'm selling the pc because I can't solve it!

0 Kudos
Lenka93
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Reinstall didn't help me.

0 Kudos