Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Dell Update Application broken

Jump to solution

to me happened after installing the 2004 build of windows 10. it's going to be a case..

Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Dell Update Application broken

Jump to solution

Hey guys...  I tried everything here and the 1 thing that seems to have worked is type Dell Update in the search box but instead of running the program select “run as administrator”.  Doing that allowed it to run without the error and it found an assist update so maybe this is the fix we have been waiting on. 

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Solution | Re: Dell Update Application broken

Jump to solution

Solution Update, got it working in the end.....!!

1. it all went wrong in v3.1.2
2. update to v3.1.3 did not help.
3. uninstalled Dell Command v3.1.3
4. uninstalled Dell Optimizer Application v6.3.2
5. installed Dell Command | Update for Windows 10 v3.1.0
6. installed Precision optimizer Application v6.4.5

This worked for me. .... 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Solution | Re: Dell Update Application broken

Jump to solution

Here's my fix.

Dell Command | Update was sticking at 10% when checking for updates.

I manually went to the Downloads and Drivers for my service tag and downloaded and installed the "Intel Management Engine Components Installer".

Without even restarting I ran Command | Update again and the check completed! I was back on track to get the rest of the updates I needed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Fixed...Dell Update Application broken

Jump to solution

Same problem, stuck on 40%.

Fix....

Buggy Dell updater Dell-Update-Application_5765W_WIN_3.1.1_A00.  Uninstalled previous version, then installed v3.1.1 with admin rights.  Update check w v3.1.1 found 4 new updates.  After install complete and reboot, recheck with v3.1.1 hung at 40% again.  Closed, recheck again...still stalled at 40%.  Closed, recheck again...updates OK.

The latest version v3.1.1 is buggy.