Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2012 19:00

Dell Web cam Central not functioning

my dell webcam central is able to capture photo but not able to video, and it say ' Some software files are missing" and when i try uninstalling it, this shows : up

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 26th, 2012 00:00

Hi Yj131,

Please uninstall the Webcam central software using this uninstaller software from the link: http://revouninstallerpro.com/

Install the software and uninstall the webcam central using the Advanced Uninstall option from the software. It is third party uninstaller software used to uninstall the drivers/programs from the computer.

The software prompts asking you to delete the Registry keys corresponding to the Webcam driver. Select all and delete them. Restart the computer to remove any traces of the webcam software.

Follow the steps below to install the Webcam Central software:

1)       Visit http://bit.ly/OXFXhj

2)      Login using your email address and password that you used for registering in Dell website.

3)       The website will prompt you for running a plugin which will analyze your computer system service tag and list the applications which can be installed.

4)      Locate “Dell Webcam Central”, select it and click “Download”.

5)      Download Manager will prompt for installation, follow the on-screen instructions to download the software using the download manager.

6)      Close the download manager window once the download of Dell Webcam Central completes.

7)       Click “Start”, click “Computer”. Go to “Documents” folder.

8)      Open the “My Dell Downloads” folder. It will have the installation files for “Dell Webcam Central”.

9)      Run the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

10)   Restart the computer.

11)   Open “Dell Webcam Central” and check.

Try the above steps and reply for any further help.

8 Posts

December 28th, 2012 06:00

it says : Setup has found a newer version of Dell Webcam Central on ur system. Setup will now exit.

8 Posts

December 28th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

I have followed the steps as you mentioned, the Dell Web Cam central did

uninstalled but i can`t seems to install it. It show this message instead

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 31st, 2012 00:00

Hi Yj131,

Please check if the Webcam is detected in the Device Manager:

Steps to navigate to device manager:

1. Click “start”.
  2. Type “Device Manager” in the search box.
  3. Select “Device Manager “in the list.
  4. Click the Imaging Devices.

If the webcam is detected in Device Manager under Imaging Devices.

I would suggest downloading the webcam central from the below mentioned link: http://bit.ly/i8RkJO

Click the link and follow the onscreen instructions to download the Webcam Central Software.

Please try the above steps and reply.

8 Posts

December 31st, 2012 07:00

Hi,

The camera is detected and working but the same message shows up when i download, "Setup has found a newer version of Dell Webcam Central on ur system. Setup will now exit. "

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi Yj131,

I would like to know if you have checked the box beside the option to delete the registry keys when the uninstaller software prompted.

Looks like the traces of older webcam drivers still remain the system.

Please reply to the below questions for further help:

Are you able to use the webcam?

When exactly is the message been displayed and what happens after you close the message?

Is it an integrated webcam in the laptop or external webcam?

Awaiting your response.

8 Posts

January 2nd, 2013 21:00

Hi,

Yes i have checked the box to delete the registry keys when prompted.

And to answer your question:

I am able to use my webcam for skype and etc etc, but when using webcam central I can`t use the video recording function but i am able to capture images.

The message is shown after i clicked the setup.

It is a integrated webcam in the laptop.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 02:00

Hi Yj131,

I would like to know what happens when you open the Webcam Central software to record the video.

Is the video option grayed out or is it displaying any error messages when you click on video recording?

Please reply for further help.

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 04:00

Hi,

When i open webcam central, at the right hand side, there is already a message saying "Some of the software files are missing. Please try to reinstall the software."

I am still able to take picture despite the message but when i switch to video mode and press start videoing, a message pop up saying " Failed to start video recording. There may be a problem with the video capture device or the audio recording device."

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi Yj131,

To rule out any hardware failure, we can test the functionality of the webcam using PC Checkup available as a part of Dell Support Center software. If installed, it should be found under Start->All Programs->Dell Support Center. Click PC Checkup under Dell support Center. Select Custom Scan, and then run a test on the Webcam. If unable to test the webcam using PC Checkup, use the following link to run online diagnostics: http://dell.to/VmDxt5

If the webcam works fine during the diagnostics, the hardware should be fine. In that case, we can try creating a new user account and install Dell Webcam Central in new user account. This will help us if the issue is due to a corrupted profile. Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

1. Click “Start”, type “User Accounts” and press enter.
  2. Click “Manage another account”.
  3. Click “Create a new account”.
  4. Type the name you want to give to the new user account, click administrator account type, and then click “Create Account”.
  5. Restart the computer and login into the new user account.

Try installing Dell Webcam Central in the new user account and check if it works.

Please post the results.

8 Posts

January 5th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

I followed the instruction and created a new account and install Dell webcam central on the new account but the same problem occurred.

When i pressed Setup,

It says : Setup has found a newer version of Dell Webcam Central on ur system. Setup will now exit.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 6th, 2013 02:00

Hi Yj131,

I can understand electronic devices can create confusion and frustration when they do not work the way they are designed for.

The issue in the computer is because of corrupted files in the windows operating system, please back up all the important data from the computer and try PC restore step which will set the computer to factory settings.

Note: restoring the computer to factory settings will delete all the data from the computer.

Please check the link for performing PC restore: http://dell.to/gB7c4b

Try the above steps in the link and reply for further help.

4 Posts

January 6th, 2013 23:00

Uninstall your drivers. Use CCleaner or other cleaning software to delete all garbage files. Download a fresh copy of your driver and install it.

P.S. - I personally install AMCAP. I've found that when installed it and then installing your manufacturer's driver, your webcam videos's quality increases a bit. (But its my own personal opinion).

8 Posts

January 12th, 2013 22:00

where do i find the driver?

No Events found!