Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2013 21:00

Dell Webcam Central

Okay, so I got a message on my computer about installing the new version of my dell webcam central, so I installed it, but then afterwards the application stopped working, so I restarted my computer, and then it wouldn't even open at all. I then get a message saying that it probably installed wrong or incompletely, so I go to install it again, accept I then get an error message that says I can't install it again because the application is already in the system. I then go to uninstall it so I can reinstall it, and when I try to reinstall the same error message pops up, so then I go to my Dell Downloads and try to reinstall it yet again, and the file is here, but every time I try to use it, it just keeps reinstalling itself over and over again, and when it's finished it tells me to restart my computer so the application will work, and I do restart it but then it's just the same folder that tells me to install it. It looks like this: 

So basically I have the folder for Dell Webcam central but I don't actually have the application. What in the world is going on here?

July 24th, 2013 22:00

Hi saploenzke,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

It seems that the webcam was not completely uninstalled from the computer, I’d suggest you to try the following steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Click Dell Webcam Central.

6. Click Uninstall.

7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.

8. Once uninstalled restart the computer.

Remove the Software completely from the computer

Click “Start”, type “Device Manager” and press enter.

1. In the “Device Manager” window, click the plus sign next to “Imaging Devices” to expand it.

2. Under “Imaging Devices”, right click “webcam”, click “Uninstall”.

3. Check the box “Delete driver software for this device”, click ok and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the webcam drivers.

4. Restart the computer and then try to re-install the Dell Webcam Central and check the functionality.

5. Click on the below link to Install the Dell Webcam Software

http://dell.to/170Z6DV

Please try these steps and let us know any issues further.

4 Posts

July 24th, 2013 22:00

I tried to uninstall the dell webcam central but then I got a message 

July 26th, 2013 01:00

Hi saploenzke,

Thank you for your response,

We apologize for the delay in responding and since you’ve tried uninstalling the software through Control Panel which did not help,

please try uninstalling the software from Revo Uninstaller.

Click on the below link to Install the Revo Uninstaller software, which will remove the programs from the computer
http://bit.ly/236r

Click on the Free trail Download option and install the software and after the restarting your computer, Open Revo Uninstaller select “Dell Webcam Central

and uninstall them completely and remove all the files associated with it and once the uninstallation completes.

In order to remove the device Alternatively

Click “Start”, type “Device Manager” and press enter.

1. In the “Device Manager” window, click the plus sign next to “Imaging Devices” to expand it.

2. Under “Imaging Devices”, right click “webcam”, click “Uninstall”.

3. Check the box “Delete driver software for this device”, click ok and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the webcam drivers.

Please restart the computer.

If the uninstallation happens successfully, Click on the below link to Install the Dell Webcam Software
http://dell.to/170Z6DV

And let us know if this helps.

4 Posts

July 30th, 2013 16:00

It hasn't worked. I successfully uninstalled dell webcam central and I reinstalled it and dell webcam software but dell webcam central is not on my computer. I looked for it on my control panel and programs and features but it's not there. All I have is this file

And in setup is where dell webcam central is

I install it, it tells my computer to restart, and I do, and when it turns on nothing has changed.

4 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 21:00

I keep trying to reinstall it, but nothing happens. The only thing in my dell webcam folder is this the live! cam avatar and it's useless it doesn't do anything

August 5th, 2013 03:00

Hi saploenzke,

Thank you for your response,

I request you to provide us the Screen shot of the Device Manager so we can check if the Device is getting detected.

Do reply us back with your findings.

No Events found!