Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2015 07:00

Dell recommended "iolo system mechanic"

About two years ago, I saw and accepted a Dell recommendation to purchase and use Iolo System Mechanic.  It was a mistake which caused many headaches and system problems.  I had stopped using System Mechanic when I decided to try it again about 2 months ago.  It ran and reported numerous problems with my system.  Of course System Mechanic could correct those problems.  What System Mechanic did not tell me was that it would make changes that I did not expect let alone authorize or expect.

Support conversations with Iolo led to absolutely no solution expect that I purchase their "Premium Service".  I did not!

Instead I uninstalled System Mechanic and then I could reverse the changes that had been made.  Needless to say Iolo is on my "fecal list" and will not receive any purchase from me.

I would suggest that Dell remove their recommendation and suggest to Iolo that they get their act cleaned up.

Thank you for allowing this post.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 24th, 2015 07:00

MackTruck,

Glad to hear you got your system working. Thanks for posting this information.

1 Message

July 30th, 2015 15:00

Now I'm glad IOLO didn't provide an email activation code.  I am so frustrated I probably would've used it!  Yeah, Dell should take this cr@p off their support pages.  My Alien system is old but it really does more than I need it to do; I've just go to bite the bullet and buy a new HDD or SSD.  Cheers. 

No Events found!