Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2012 11:00

Had to reinstall, how do I get acrobat back?

My Dell 3750 came with Adobe Acrobat X.  I had to recently re-install from the OEM windows 7 pro disc, and it did not put Acrobat X back onto the machine.  How can I get this software replaced?

October 14th, 2012 08:00

Hi Rhanthony,

If your computer came pre-installed with 'Acrobat X' when you purchased it, you should be able to download and install the software either from 'My Dell Downloads' or 'Digital Dell Delivery'. Please use the following steps to access the software:

1. Log into 'My Dell Downloads' to access your system's software repository
- Click https://smartsource.dell.com
- Please follow the instructions and install the Active X controller as it is required for the My Dell Downloads to work
- Once you login to My Dell Downloads, click on Register

- Once you log in to 'My Dell Downloads', click 'Register'.
- Click Run if prompted
- You will get a list of all the applications that were shipped with your computer
- Download and install 'Acrobat X' from the list

2. If you do not find 'Acrobat X' in the software list, use 'Dell Digital Delivery'
- Click  http://dell.to/Tj8uf0 to download 'Dell Digital Delivery' from support.dell.com (Follow through with the installation and finish)
- Click 'Start/Pearl' icon on Windows desktop screen
- Click Programs > Dell > Dell Digital Delivery

- Ensure that you are connected to the Internet, in the 'Dell Digital Delivery' window, click 'Download Now'

- In most cases, the software download is completed in a few minutes. The duration of the download will vary depending on the number of software's you purchased and the speed of the internet connection. After the software installation is complete, the Dell Digital Delivery application notifies and prompts you to close the application window. The newly installed software can be accessed through the 'Start Menu'

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 14th, 2012 08:00

Try using My Dell Downloads at Support if you don't have a disk for Acrobat. smartsource.dell.com/.../Welcome.aspx

No Events found!