Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2011 10:00

How do I recover programs that came on my laptop?

I got this dell inspiron N5010 a few months ago. Had to have the hard drive replaced yesterday. When I got everything loaded back up it was missing most of the programs it had before. Such as Microsoft Office. I'm sure there must be a way to get back the programs that came on it, but, I'm somewhat of an idiot and can't seem to figure out how. A quick response would be great, I'm in college and I need microsoft office to do a paper today. If I'm looking in the wrong place please point me in the right direction.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 15th, 2011 12:00

ThatCollegeGuy,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

When you first received your system there was information to burn the backup media for your system to disk using the DataSafe Local program installed on your computer.This inlcuded Office and Windows.  You also received an MPI card with an Office product key. Hopefully, you kept this card. You can download the Microsoft Office Trial Version from the link below and activate it by using the MPI card with your office product key to make it a full version.

Get a Backup of Microsoft Office 2010

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 16th, 2011 17:00

Refer to my guide below for a clean install of Windows 7/Windows Vista (Step 11). The later section tells you where to get all the preinstalled software including Microsoft Office 2010 (starter). If you reinstalled from scratch it may be worthwhile looking at the earlier parts of the guide to make sure you got everything you need (drivers wise).

No Events found!