Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 30th, 2011 05:00

How do I stop FastAccess 2.4.97 nagging me to upgrade to version 3 every time I log into my Dell laptop

I upgraded to FastAccess 2.4.97 and since then I am nagged to upgrade to version 3 every time I log into my Studioxps laptop.

This equipment is used for business purposes and it's not the behaviour I would expect from software used in that context.

Apart from it making FastAccess and the laptop looking tacky it also questions my credibility in the shoosing software that nags you every time you start it

I have two choices, keep nagging Dell/SensibileVision for a fix or to uninstall FastAccess and at he moment I'm erring towards an uninstall.

6 Posts

May 30th, 2011 17:00

FastAccess nags a few times after upgrading to 2.4.97 and then stops - so the irritation is short lived

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 30th, 2011 13:00

You should be using the latest version if it's a free upgrade. If it's one of those Dell programs that nags you to pay for an upgrade like DataSafe, I would uninstall it--if you can get along without it. I'm not sure that it is not a required utility. Check out this site. See if there is a way to turn off the reminders.

Have you tried checking msconfig, Startup tab? There might be an entry for fast access upgrade reminder that you can stop from loading at boot.

211 Posts

May 31st, 2011 14:00

FastAccess version 2.4.97 is an update to 2.4.95 or earlier. In response to widespread desire for Firefox functionality, it includes Firefox and IE9 compatibility at no charge. Yes, it also includes information about the optional upgrade to version 3, but we endeavored NOT to make it a "nag" screen. As Roy indicated, the details appear only twice and the first appearance includes a checkbox which will supress the second one. 

We felt it important to provide information about the upgrade to version 3 as it's a truly major upgrade that our users have been asking for strongly for some time now, but of course also we also wish to remain professional and not be intrusive. If anyone has questions about the upgrade or upgrade process, please contact us directly. Thanks. 

1 Message

September 13th, 2015 22:00

I wish to upgrade to the lastest version of FastAccess but it's asking for a key.  I received this software via Dell and they only have the 2.4.97 version on the downloads.  I went directly to sensiblevision but again they are asking for a software Key.  Where can I get one??  

Thanks for your help.

4 Posts

September 14th, 2015 13:00

Hi Norm,

From your description, it sounds like you installed the retail edition of FastAccess Version 5 which requires an activation key.   

Please contact our support team for further assistance with resolving the problem(support @ sensiblevision .com). They’ll be happy to help you with installing the correct version that you need.  

Thanks.

No Events found!