Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2014 08:00

My Dell Software question

Hello everyone,

Just now, I received my Dell Inspiron 15 5547 back after Dell fitted a new HDD. Everything's running fine again, only there's one problem. I can't seem to access the "My Dell Software" program on the site. Everytime I run it on IE 11, it won't move past the "accept terms of service" screen when I press the detect system button. It only shows red text for a brief second, but after that it just stays on the same screen without anything happening. If I uncheck the box, I can press detect system again, but without any different results.

I've only installed Mozilla Firefox (Default browser) and Startshell 8 after receiving my laptop back, and trying with or without Windows Defender doesn't change anything. I do not have any virus protection besides Defender, and seeing as I still have about 7 months of McAfee Live Save left I'd like to reinstall that.

Kind regards,

Ray.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 8th, 2014 07:00

ray,

Try setting IE 11 back to defaults by following the steps below to see if that will resolve the issue trying to get into and download your software.

How to Set IE 11 To Defaults

No Events found!