Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2014 18:00

My Dell tells me I have no antivirus installed, but I DO.

The My Dell tool icon has an i on it.  It is letting me know I don't have antivirus installed.  The problem is, I DO HAVE IT INSTALLED.  I have Eset Nod32, and Malwarebytes.  I do not have Windows Defender on.  That is when I started getting these messages.  So I went to the action center, and turned of notifications about antivirus.  ESET NOD32 is working perfectly fine.  How do I get this notification off of My Dell?

26 Posts

January 30th, 2014 14:00

I have the same issue now and yesterday "my dell" was telling me I had an antivirus conflict saying I had two bitdefender's which I haven't. It also tells me I've never installed updates and have no firewall.

26 Posts

February 2nd, 2014 05:00

Have Dell absolutely nothing to say on this issue????????????

45 Posts

February 2nd, 2014 06:00

The problem is still there.  Bluesboyo, I think if community folks knew, they'd say something.  I don't know if Dell even checks all the messages here. 

This is not really a question for other community boards, it is a DELL issue.  Maybe they will have an employee look into it.  If so, maybe they could leave

a note here about it?  :emotion-40:

7 Posts

February 4th, 2014 23:00

I had the same problem a few months ago....I couldn't find any solution, so I actually ignored the message...However I really want to know how this issue can be fixed...

45 Posts

February 5th, 2014 06:00

Well it looks like the regular folks don't know.  Dell is ignoring it, if they have someone watching this board. 

26 Posts

February 11th, 2014 02:00

This problem has been bugging me and when I tried chat with dell support I was told twice that it was a software problem and to ring dell support. The number I was given turned out to be the wrong one and I had to wait to be transferred to the right department who then said they needed "remote access" and there will be a CHARGE incurred. I proceeded to tell him that the laptop was still in warranty but that didn't matter to him so bottom line, I said "my dell" IS a dell product and it's not working properly and I'm refusing to pay to have it repaired so I'll uninstall it instead seeing as it's useless.

45 Posts

February 11th, 2014 07:00

That is a shame that you had to do that.  How hard would it be for the Dell techs to put up a troubleshooting page on the My Dell software?  You could uninstall, and reinstall possibly...but that probably wouldn't change anything.  I think my computer ran great until the WIN8.1 update. Luckily my computer was in warranty, and a tech helped me out.  But then after my warranty ran out, right after...I found I had corrupted files.  After I got that fixed, with help from computer geek tips, the corruption was fixed, but then the Action Center said I had no antivirus.  My Dell sees that as having NO antivirus.  So I turned off the warning about the Windows Defender, and that is not a problem.  Regardless, My Dell still sees it as a problem, and I can't turn that off in their software. Maybe their software needs to be tweaked for this kind of instance, and they haven't gotten around to it yet.  Who knows?  They obviously aren't talking on here.  I will not pay a tech to fix this.  I will chalk it up as a negative though in my experience. 

26 Posts

February 11th, 2014 08:00

Same here KKAY59, I refuse to pay for a fix that is essentially a Dell problem while my laptop is still in warranty. Dell suggested installing "my dell" to help my laptop to run smoothly but it doesn't work so what's the point?? I've tried to find a customer service email to complain but cannot find one anywhere, typical :-)

20 Posts

June 24th, 2014 16:00

My Dell always reports an antivirus conflict if you have the free version of Bitdefender installed. (I don't know about the pay version.)  The reason is related to the fact that BD is registered as both an antivirus and an antispyware program (see Control Panel, Action Center, Security).  A supervisor at Dell told me on 2014-05-01 that the problem is with My Dell and that it will be fixed in the next release of that product. I believe the My Dell program was written by a company called PC Doctor in Reno, NV.  Will the problem ever be fixed?  I'm not holding my breath.

45 Posts

June 26th, 2014 17:00

MY DELL showed I had anti-virus program until I went from WIN 8.0 to 8.1 ... I have ESET NOD 32.  It still tries to tell me I don't have an av program. 

5.2K Posts

June 26th, 2014 20:00

This is NOT a Dell issue, but one with Windows. It happens with some AVs but not others. You can disable the warnings for the AV and firewall. Just make sure both are actually running. You will not see this message if you use MS Defender!!!! Strange isn't it!!!!!!

20 Posts

June 28th, 2014 11:00

I should clarify that my post above concerns only the problem Bluesboyo mentioned about My Dell reporting two Bitdefenders installed.

20 Posts

March 24th, 2015 05:00

The Bitdefender antivirus conflict problem remains with the new SupportAssist. In other words, it didn't get fixed, as I had been assured it would be.

No Events found!