Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 5th, 2012 09:00

Nero.MobileSync.msi

I have having a problem that has been going on for a few weeks and I have tried everything to resolve the issue but it continues to persist.  When I attempt to open any Microsoft Office program (Word, Excel, etc) or an office document I get a Windows Installer box which says the following:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Nero.MobileSync.msi.

No matter what I have tried I cannot get past this box.  I initially thought this was an Office problem so I attempted to search the add/delete file to repair Office.  However, when I went to the file Microsoft Office was missing from the list along with several other programs that I know are installed on the system.  Based on the fact that other programs are missing from the list I do not believe that this is an Office problem.  Furthermore, when I began to attempt to open other items I would get the same dialog box related to Nero.MobileSync.msi.  I cannot even open pictures from my photo file!

Please help!

speak2mlv

December 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi speak2mlv,

It appears to be a software corruption; it may also be a virus infection. Would like to know, when did the computer work fine in the past. You may try performing 'System Restore' to see if that works:
(Note: The steps listed below apply for Windows XP/Vista/7; not for Windows 8)
- Power off the laptop
- Power it back on and at Dell splash screen, repeatedly tap < F8 > (If Windows logo appears, please repeat the steps)
- 'Advance Boot Menu options' appear; Use the 'arrow keys' on the keyboard to highlight 'Safe Mode' and tap < Enter >
- If the system boots up in 'Safe Mode', try performing 'System Restore'
- To perform 'System Restore' in 'Safe Mode' click 'Start' icon and type 'System Restore' in 'Search programs and files' and tap < Enter >
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select a 'System Restore' point and follow through with the restore
- Allow the system to restart and recheck performance
Note: 'System Restore' does not result into data loss; However, any software change after the chosen restore date/time is rolled back and is un-done. You may want to refer to the detailed  steps for 'System Restore' in the following web article: http://dell.to/VRG2ad

If 'System Restore' does not fix the issue, you may want to restore  the system back to factory default settings.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

No Events found!