Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 25th, 2005 18:00

Outlook e-mail sending

Most of the time when I try sending an e-mail using Outlook, I get a VBScript McAfee Virus Scan that pops up. It tells me it's a Protocol Error. Response received is: 550 mail from 65.117.137.164. Refused by SpamHaus. It tells me the message can not be sent.
I don't have any problems receiving e-mails. Just sending them.
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11.9K Posts

September 25th, 2005 21:00

@jsix1441 wrote:
Most of the time when I try sending an e-mail using Outlook, I get a VBScript McAfee Virus Scan that pops up. It tells me it's a Protocol Error. Response received is: 550 mail from 65.117.137.164. Refused by SpamHaus. It tells me the message can not be sent.
I don't have any problems receiving e-mails. Just sending them.
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SpamHaus has likely marked your ISP as a sender of SPAM and the recipient of your email is using their categorization to refuse your email. 

34 Posts

September 25th, 2005 23:00

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean the problem is with my ISP? I contacted them a while back and he said I needed to change some settings. Is there some thing in Mcafee I can change?

11.9K Posts

September 25th, 2005 23:00

@jsix1441 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Does this mean the problem is with my ISP? I contacted them a while back and he said I needed to change some settings. Is there some thing in Mcafee I can change?

Yes, it seems to be your ISP.
No Events found!