Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2011 09:00

Photoshop Elements 8 Pre-Installed asking for Serial Number

I just bought a Dell Studio 1558 laptop.  It came with pre-installed software including Photoshop Elements 8.  I installed Shockwave, Reader, Flash and AIR today from Adobe's website.  Now when I launch PSE 8 and click to launch Edit  it asks for a serial number or to start a trail period.   When I click on Organize, the PSE 8 organizer launches fine.  I contacted Adobe and they said I need to provide them my Adobe serial number.  The software was pre-installed, so I do not have any serial number and no CD's or DVD's were provided by Dell for any software with this computer;.  They did not even provide recovery CD's.  I had to create my own. 

Anyone else experience this issue or know how I am supposed to find the serial number?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 11th, 2011 10:00

Dell doesn't generally include working full versions of this type of software. You generally get a trial version.

• 

16.7K Posts

January 14th, 2011 08:00

sabaron,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

ieee488 is correct. You would have to purchase this product after the trial if you wanted to keep it.

• Adobe Photoshop Elements 8(PSE 8) will now be offered as a Point of Sale(POS) upsale.
  • A 30 day trial version may be preloaded on selected systems. Post the 30 day trial period the software will have only limited features. Customers have a choice to purchase a full version of the software during the trial period or after the trial period expires.
  • There would no back-up recovery media or service media for the Preloaded Photoshop Elements 8. Customers will be referred to Adobe homepage for software recovery

1 Message

January 14th, 2011 10:00

You probably got a trail version software...get to some store and buy the full version..

195 Posts

January 14th, 2011 18:00

PSE 8 was replaced by PSE 9 a couple of years ago. Your unit must have been setting on a shelf somewhere if you just received it and it has PSE 8 installed.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2011 17:00

That makes sense, but what about in the case where we bought PS Elements/Premiere elements and they came pre-installed.  Where is the serial number or how can we get the media in case I need to reformat or replace the HDD?

No Events found!