Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 1st, 2009 13:00

Roxio Creator DE 10.2 does NOT detect optical drive!

Hi, I got my Studio laptop with Roxio Creator DE 10.2 pre-installed on it. However, I haven't been able to burn any disc till date as the program does not detect the optical drive (Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S). After loading Roxio, it displays a message "No drive detected" at the bottom of the application window. This is on windows Vista Home Premium SP1. The optical drive functions normally on all ocassions though. I'd appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks!

6 Posts

January 4th, 2010 21:00

You may also try installing the following. It worked for me.

http://docs.sonic.com/support/px/pxengine2_08_40d.exe

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2009 04:00

If some other program or application that can burn discs is running it can interfere with Roxio.  I've had this problem on several customer's PC's (Not Dell's).  You probably also have Roxio "Drag To Disc" enabled and that could be interferring with the regular Roxio functions.  Drag to Disc is for packet writing and that is a very unreliable disc burning feature and really should not be used.  If you have the Roxio reinstall discs, uninstall the Drag to Disc (or Sonic DLA - depending on which you have) and then restart the PC and with the packet writing program uninstalled see if Roxio can recognize the disc drive.

6 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 06:00

Unfortunately, Dell did not ship the Roxio reinstall discs.

Nevertheless, I tried to modify Roxio Creator DE from 'Programs and Features' but the "Drag To Dics" option wasn't listed.

Sonic DLA has never been installed.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 3rd, 2009 07:00

Dell Usually DOES ship the reinstall disks.

You can request a free set of backup disks
directly from Dell by filling the form out located here:

https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form

2 Posts

December 31st, 2009 11:00

Hi, I got my Studio laptop with Roxio Creator DE 10.2 pre-installed on it. However, I haven't been able to burn any disc till date as the program does not detect the optical drive (Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S). After loading Roxio, it displays a message "No drive detected" at the bottom of the application window. This is on windows Vista Home Premium SP1. The optical drive functions normally on all ocassions though. I'd appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks!

I have a Studio 1737 Laptop with Vista 64 Bit.  Roxio Creator DE 10.2 was working fine until I updated the firmware for my slot-load DVD drive.  Now I have the same "No drive detected" problem and I did NOT received a Roxio install disc.  I ordered replacement discs from Dell today, but do not know if the Roxio disc will be among the set I receive. My DVD drive seems to work fine when reading & recording from Vista, but not from Creator DE.  I hope someone can help resolve this issue.

6 Posts

January 4th, 2010 21:00

If the problem didn't exist before the firmware upgrade, you may try reverting it back to the original. Good luck!

2 Posts

January 5th, 2010 19:00

You may also try installing the following. It worked for me.

http://docs.sonic.com/support/px/pxengine2_08_40d.exe

Thank you for responding (twice).  Since my post I was able to obtain the file necessary to re-install Creator DE 10.2 from Dell support.  The re-install over Creator failed to correct the problem, so I removed the application and did a fresh install.  That corrected the problem.  My guess is that a registry entry no longer pointed to the drive's new identity after the FW upgrade, but that is just a guess.  Removal and re-installation of Creator worked fo me.

1 Message

February 6th, 2010 09:00

This worked like a charm!  Thank you.

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2011 13:00

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  I have tried to fix this for a long time, and I have downloaded everything I could get from Roxio.  However, this worked.  I'm passing it on to some others who have the same issue.

1 Message

January 6th, 2013 03:00

This worked for me too.  Roxio did not detect a drive, I click on this, and everything went back to normal.  I am so very gratefull.  Thank you very much.:emotion-2:

No Events found!