Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2013 18:00

Uninstallation problem

I recently downloaded a newer version of Adobe Flash Player. With it came a toolbar which I didn't see offered and I didn't want. It included a search page I'm not familiar with (Val--?) I have tried everything, including uninstalling it under Programs in the Control Panel. It just doesn't want to go away. It has replaced my Bing Homepage, which I brought back, but now it 'dominates', often 'overpowering' what I am doing. How can I get rid of this unwanted download?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 19th, 2013 22:00

Hi nootch258,

There seems to be a ‘Adware’ virus infection on your computer. I would advise that you start your computer into safe mode and run a malware scan so that it removes the virus infection. Please follow the steps mentioned below to start the computer into the safe mode and run the malware scan.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. As the computer boots, press when the Dell Splash Screen appears.
  3. Scroll down to option ‘Safe mode with networking’ and Click on ‘Enter’ button.
  4. This will boot you into the safe mode.
  5. Please refer to the link below to download, install and execute it to run malware scan tool.
    http://dell.to/15KymGK
  6. After the scan finishes it should give the virus name please select the files and delete it and restart the computer to check for the issue resolution.

Please let me know if this helps.

27 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 21:00

Yes......that did it! Thank you so much for your help! I have got to be more careful to read all that is being offered. I don't want to have to 'clean up' after every download of software that is often needed.

No Events found!