mfjohn
1 Copper

Word Perfect 12 Serial Number???

I need to re-install WP 12 on a Dim 1100.  I have the WP 12 install CD  shipped with the unit..  The install program asks for a serial number.  Where can the serial number be found??

0 Kudos
7 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: Word Perfect 12 Serial Number???

OEM CD's Don't ask for a Serial number.

You cannot transfer an OEM copy from one machine to the next.

The OEM CD also checks for the OS version Aka WIN98SE, WIN2000, WINXP.

Corel will sell you a full retail copy but they wont give you a serial for an OEM CD.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
collindo
1 Copper

Any work around I am still using the same computer all I did was upgrade from XP to Win 7 which required a clean install.    the oringinal Word Perfect program came with the computer not the operating system.  Now I have no word processor  😞   

0 Kudos
Alexandra_P
5 Tungsten

3rd party software, even if its an OEM version from Dell, usually comes with its own key for reinstallation.

Here's what Corel says about the key:

http://corel.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/corel.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=760148&p_sid=NOAmZQLj&p_...

'Tis a poor carpenter that blames his tools.

0 Kudos
fallstarv
1 Copper

I just pulled out my old Wordperfect CD that came with my Inspiron 6000 (years ago), and inside the disk sleeve, along with the CD, is a small slip of paper that was almost overlooked. It has the serial number on it.  Now, I also just did a search on this forum for "Wordperfect" and found THIS  thread about the same thing. Someone posted a set of serial numbers, and it's the same as what I'm seeing on my slip of paper...so it seems that Corel has the same generic SN for all/most of their OEM Wordperfect software.  Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
collindo
1 Copper

Thankyou  I checked the insert with the CD and yes the SN is there very small and running vertically up one side of the back.  All is well Thanks

0 Kudos
tammy ziegler
1 Copper

i need the serial number to my wordperfect pro pack please. tammy

Tags (1)
Highlighted

WO12WRX-0000002-HBU

0 Kudos