Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2009 00:00

fingertapps

everytime I try to open the music app. on touch zone it says fingertapps stop working

it only does it on that one all the others work fine.....HELP

Gary

1 Message

October 30th, 2009 21:00

I am having the same problem - and have yet found the solve it.   I have found that if I in sert a CD the progam opens up and I have been able to save CD and Burn.  I can go to the choice of listening also.   So Help also.    jan

10 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 12:00

Hi Gary,

there was a problem with a particular mp3 ID3 tag format, which would cause touchzone to stop working when it tried to scan for new music (ie when Music App was started).

This has been fixed in the new touchzone version, which also supports win7

http://ftp.us.dell.com/app/DELL_TOUCH-ZONE_A03_R247966.exe

Cheers

Fingertapps Support

January 17th, 2010 12:00

HI I am having a similar problem with my fingertapps program and have yet to have it resolved. Any help would be appreciated

Susan E

10 Posts

January 17th, 2010 16:00

Hi Susan,

have you tried the updated version of Touch Zone in the link above?

If so, what exactly is occurring? You start the music application in Touch Zone and Touch Zone closes?

Cheers

Fingertapps Support

January 18th, 2010 21:00

Hi , I have updated as suggested. As soon as I click on the icon with Beethoven, the drums  and the Music icon ., I receive a message from Windows that

Fingertapps has stopped working. I have tried Dell support but they want me to return the computer to factory settings, which is not really feasible as I have backed up my old computer files etc.

Please help

Best regards

Sue E

10 Posts

January 19th, 2010 13:00

Hi Sue,

the most likely cause is that Touch Zone is trying to read in the artist/album data for one of your mp3 files and is failing in a big way.

If we can figure out which mp3 file is doing it, and what is unusual about that file then we should be able to create a fix for it.

To test this theory, you could move all your music files out of the my music/music library folders and then re run Touch Zone and open the music icon. (it will re-scan your music folders for info) If the Touch Zone music opens (obviously no music files would be available) then we will know that is one of the music files.

You could then try moving some files back into the my music folder, completely restart the Touch Zone app so it will scan for new music and see if the Music App opens. I realise this is a fairly slow and time consuming way to figure out which files may be causing Touch Zone to crash,
so if you would like to email me  (support at fingertapps dot com), I can give you further instructions and links to some files which would help us debug the problem.

Cheers

Fingertapps Support

No Events found!