Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 26th, 2012 14:00

.pdf files will no longer download

I have a DELL Inspiron 530 with XP Professional o.s.  Until recently I had no problem downloading  pdf files.  I receive an invoice in pdf format monthly.  Until this month, all worked as expected.  Now, not only can I not download the current invoice but even the invoices previously downloaded wil no longer download.   The virus check verifies the download is clean, and the file size shown is correct, but there is no data transfer speed shown, no time estimate shown, and do data is received.

The original sender re-sent the pdf again, along with the same invoice on a jpg file.  Neither will download, but I can print-preview the jpg file.  The clarity of the jpg print-preview file is pretty low and the details are unintelligable when upsized.

Thanks ,  Allen

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 27th, 2012 02:00

So you click on a pdf to download it and nothing happens, or the download fails?

First thing to try would be to reset Internet Explorer, I assume you are using Internet Explorer 8?

If using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, you should upgrade. Open Internet Explorer then press Alt and H, select about Internet Explorer.

Next go to tools and select Internet Options

Delete the browsing history

And then go to the advanced tab

Restore the advanced settings and then reset it. Try again.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 26th, 2012 15:00

Are you downloading the files from Internet Explorer or from Outlook?

What virus check, what security do you have installed on your system?

Are you using Adobe Reader or PDF XChange viewer or Foxit reader? Can you open other pdfs already on your system?

24 Posts

June 26th, 2012 17:00

I am downloading files from Internet Explorer.

I have Norton Internet security and it is automatically updated.

I am using Adobe reader,

I can open other pdf's already saved on my computer.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 27th, 2012 14:00

No problem, glad it worked for you. :)

24 Posts

June 27th, 2012 14:00

following the above procedure seems to have corrected the problem.  Thank you for your help!

No Events found!