Highlighted
JestB
1 Copper

Re: Dell Projector 1800MP Lamp light/Power bottom Blinks orange and wont turn on at all!!

I faced the same issue this week...My projector was 2 years old and I suddenly got the amber lamp of death...After reading all your posts about that faulty capacitor, I decided to give it a try. The projector is very hard to dissemble.  Lots of screws (be sure to remove VGA-A hex screws to be able to open the cover) and connectors. Take pictures, that's an advice. I easily located the faulty cap. Mine was not so bulged but is giving me bad mesurement. So I replaced it with a 3300uF 16V (to be sure not replace it in 2 years). After replacing all the parts, cleaned the fan, I was ready for the test....My god, srogers573 was right. My Dell 1800MP is working again !!! emoticon.Smile.title Take a look at the faulty golden 3300 cap.

0 Kudos
cexplrr
1 Copper

Re: Dell Projector 1800MP Lamp light/Power bottom Blinks orange and wont turn on at all!!

Can you get me information? Where do we purchase the capacitor or the serice? I have 16 of these all with the same problem.

0 Kudos
cexplrr
1 Copper

WOW I am going to try this? Where dd you get the capacitor?

0 Kudos
cexplrr
1 Copper

where did you order the cap?

0 Kudos
cexplrr
1 Copper

is it a Leaded or SMD capacitors.

0 Kudos
JestB
1 Copper

I just bought it at a local electronic store for a big 0.39 cents

0 Kudos
cexplrr
1 Copper

I am trying to remove the cover. I have all the screws out but it seems not want to release over the red light on top of the machine where the control buttons are. I am trying to open it up to replace the capacitor. I can not find a capacitor yet. CAn anyone email me for more information?

0 Kudos
srogers573
1 Copper

You have to remove the two mounting studs on the vga connector. After that you just pry it apart.

0 Kudos
cexplrr
1 Copper

Thank you so very much.

0 Kudos
NSal
1 Copper

Howdy all, I had the same symptoms and opened up my projector to find the same bulging capacitor.  I replaced it with a 16V 3300uf capacitor, and now nothing.  when I plug it in there is no sign of life at all.   I managed to do the whole thing without cutting any wires, I have tripple checked that I re-connected all of them.  The one that seems the most questionable to me attaches the lid to the top circuit-board.  all the screws and parts went back into place smoothly.

so here are my questions:

Has anyone else been successful with the 16V capacitor?  (I'm seeing a lot of 10Vs listed in the thread)

any other thoughts on things that may have gone wrong?

It's very possible that I damaged something else myself while opening it up or soldering.

Thanks for any tips

0 Kudos