Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2006 13:00

dell 2300mp projector repair

I have a dell 2300mp projector does any body know where i can get the schematics or a service manual For this .Or has any one ever repaired these 2300mp as yet  Your tips on fixing would be greatly appreciated .  

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 7th, 2006 21:00

Danley,

does any body know where i can get the schematics or a service manual?
* Dell doesn't release these.

Specifically, what is wrong with it?

16 Posts

August 8th, 2006 13:00

The LED Lamp light is flashing and the projector is not powering up, but i HAVE also changed a new lamp but it makes no differents.I dont know if the high voltage power supply is giving problems?Any steps how to trouble shoot this problem?

5 Posts

August 8th, 2006 19:00

I copied this post from JAN 2006, I also read a bunch of other postings with same problems/solutions and the moderator even lists as an answer on the post above yours:

Mods, this should DEFINITELY be in the FAQ's. 

***This should probably only be done if your warranty is expired, i'm not sure if taking apart your projector will void it or not, so do at your own risk. (Personally I had nothing to lose, the projector wouldn't work and Dell wouldn't help me so I had a $1500 pile of plastic with no good use)

OKAY, if your projector is flickering, the picture is jumping up down left and right, then it shuts down and the lamp light comes on it is NOT THE LAMP!!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Well,,, at least try this first.  For some reason dust on the main board causes this, sounds ridiculous but it's true.

I have a 3200mp and just did this 2 hours ago and the projector is as good as new. 

For a 3200mp:

There are four very small phillips screws on the bottom of the projector... remove those.

There is one very small phillips screw on the right hand side of the unit if you are looking at the projector from the front.... remove that.

Now flip the unit so it is right side up and remove the top piece of plastic (The bottom doesn't come off at all.  BE CAREFUL, THERE IS A RIBBON ATTACHED TO THE TOP PIECE SO LEAN IT AGAINST SOMETHING.

Now grab a vacuum and your air compressor (or can of duster) and go to town.  There will be huge plumes of dust come from under the lamp so keep your vacuum close. 

Next take the lamp out and clean off the glass lens (there is probably some dust on it)

Put it all back together and it should work like a charm

16 Posts

August 9th, 2006 18:00

The projector 2300 is out of warranty .I have tried cleaning it as you said but still the same problem .Any other technical tip I can try  because i do repirs on tv and vcr.

10 Posts

August 28th, 2007 20:00

I had a nice post to submit but found out that they don't allow me to have pictures in the post.

My presentation was how to remove all that is necessary on a DELL 2300MP so that one can clean out all the dust that accumulates and causes various problems.  This corrected a problem on my daughters unit that was causing the following symptoms on her unit. 

The symptoms on the 2300MP were that if you turned it on with no signal cables attached, the lamp would come on and progressively get brighter and brighter.  During this time the DELL logo would appear.  Just when you thought it should be done getting brighter, the "Temp" (Over temperature) and "Lamp" LEDS would glow orange and bulb shut off.  Earlier, my daughter said they had replaced the lamp because they thought it may be bad. ($349)

If you would like to get a copy of my pictures and presentation, send me an email and I will send it to you.

1 Message

March 1st, 2011 13:00

I have the exact problem. Have you had any luck finding a solution?

10 Posts

April 21st, 2011 08:00

To follow on with my post, I will be glad to send you a copy of the DELL 2300MP disassembly via email.  It will come in 4 parts.  You just need to send me your email address.

palomino

May 27th, 2011 06:00

Additional:  I just joined the forum as I found this in a search. I hesitate to post an Email address in an open forum as I do not want some bot to add it to a SPAM list. I sent a friend request. I am not sure if that will open up an option to send a private message.

May 27th, 2011 06:00

I would also like to get a copy of the disassembly instructions. I am trying to get dust out that shows up on the screen, affecting the picture quality.

1 Message

October 13th, 2012 14:00

I just found this forum and would appreciate receiving the disassembly instructions via email.  How can I send you my email address?

1 Message

November 14th, 2012 09:00

I have the a problem with my 2300MP. - as soon as the projector is plugged in, the temp and lamp indicators come on in a low level manner. Pressing the power switch causes them both to come on at a high level. fans come on as soon as the power cord is plugged in. Would you please send the disassembly instructions? Thanks, Bob

1 Message

December 21st, 2012 12:00

I just dismantled my 2300mp as a result of NO power anywhere....

I read-up and believe (and Hope) that it's the fuse on the ac power supply???? I have a feeling deep inside that by the time I get back to working on this, I will have forgotten how to put it all back together... It sounds like your pictures might be the solution??? I did however notice as I was taken it apart that alot of Plastic post/screw holes were broken up (ie; heat/sitting around)... Hope this doesn't effect me putting it all back together.... Your help/pictures would be greatly appreciated RSpotts@comcast.net

4 Posts

January 1st, 2014 11:00

I need to open mine up to clean it. If you are still around, I would appreciate a copy. My email address is Email id removed per privacy policy>

Thanks,

phil

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 18:00

Got It, looks like its exactly what I need.

Phil

January 16th, 2014 14:00

I also have a Dell 2300MP that has no power.  I have the top, front and one side removed but do not see any fuse. Can you tell me if you rectified your problem and what you have found?

No Events found!