Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2012 18:00

Cabling and Zoning RPA Reference Diagrams

We just receiver 2 RPA's one for each site that also has VNX block storage. SAN switching will be MDS 9000's.

My 2 questions:

1) I noticed 4 FC ports in the back of the RPA, how do I cable these to the SAN switches and how does different vsan's effect the zoning of the RPAs?

2) Splitters, from reading the documentation do we have to install some sort of splitter software on the VNX, it was not 100% clear.

We will be integrating the RPAs with VMware SRM.

Thanks

1K Posts

November 15th, 2012 19:00

1) Ports 0 and 1 (two left most ports) go into one switch and port 2 and 3 go into the other switch. The ports must be in the same VSAN as your storage array's FC ports

2) You need to load the RecoverPoint enabler on the VNX in order to use the array based splitter

1.1K Posts

November 20th, 2012 06:00

Hi there,

The VNX splitter enabler is available from PowerLink. In respect of the LAN and WAN requirement there recommendations can be found in the RP Deployment Manager Product Guide.

Regards,

Richard Forshaw

Principal Corporate Systems Engineer - RecoverPoint (EMEA)

Data Mobility Business Unit - Enterprise Storage Division

EMC2 Computer Systems (UK) Ltd

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

LAN interfaces are used for managing the RPA/Cluster.

WAN interface can be used for Replication and RPA to RPA communication.

They are recommended to be on different subnets.

Ramesh Polepalli

62 Posts

I assume I have to download and install the VNX splitter from powerlink?

Also, is there any requirements for the LAN and WAN network, for example do any of those interfaces need to on the same network?

Thanks

62 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 17:00

Is this the enabler I have to install on the VNX "rpsplitterenabler-01.01.5.002.ena"?

How do I install this file?

1.1K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 01:00

Yes it is and it needs to be installed using Unisphere Service Manager. The exact process, which is very straight forward and is an NDU activity, can be found in the VNX Procedure Generator.

March 11th, 2013 07:00

Ernes, can I use only two connections per RPA node, let's say port 0 and 1? What could be potential consequences?

1 Message

March 13th, 2013 08:00

You can use only 2 connections per RPA but they still should be on separate fabrics. 

1K Posts

March 13th, 2013 08:00

You can. Those are the minimum requirements. Port 0 on each RPA will connect to Fabric-A and Port 1 on each RPA will connect to Fabric-B.

March 13th, 2013 09:00

Is it LAN or WAN interfaces that are recommended to be on different subnets? Can you explain why, or is there an EMC doc that explains it?

No Events found!