Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2016 09:00

Moving RPA from one VNX to another VNX

Hi

I'm going to be moving an RPA pair that is already replicating to a second location. There is no data on the VNXs that I'm moving the RPAs to. Is there any documentation on what needs to be done? Am I going to have to create all new CG on the new VNX? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

522 Posts

February 10th, 2016 13:00

Other than the normal zoning/masking that is required to integrate the RPA's into the VNX that you can find in the Deploying RP with VNX technotes, you will need the appropriate licenses for the other VNX and you will have to move the repository volume either online or form scratch if it resides on the existing VNX and you don't plan to leverage that VNX ever again. You are essentially just adding a new VNX like you added the first one. 

If there is data on the source VNX that you need to migrate over to the new VNX, that would be outside of RP or you could use RP for the migration tool. Once the data is migrated, you could need to reconfigure the CG's and replicaiton sets to account for the new LUNs.

There is more to it depending on what you have to accomplish on the data migration perspective, but that is a 500-ft level.

-Keith

2 Posts

February 11th, 2016 06:00

I can't migrate to the new VNX if it doesn't have an RPA already connected though right? They already deployed the new VNX without migrating the data. I would assume that I'm going to set up all no CGs and replicating all the data again.

522 Posts

February 11th, 2016 13:00

is the second VNX you are migrating to in the same location and SAN as the VNX that is currently connected to the RPA's?

No Events found!