Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 8th, 2012 18:00

New User to SRM and RP

I'm trying to use SRM 5.0 with RP 3.4sp2 replicating the VNX volumes and cannot get the remote site to see or bring up the LUNS on the DR site.

Everything looks like it's configured properly and I can mount new luns directly to any of the hosts on that instance.

When I run thru a SRM test and get to step 4  Create Writeable Storage Snapshot I ge the following error:

Error - Failed to recover datastore 'ESX-Vol11'. VMFS volume residing on recovered devices '"60:06:01:60:02:F1:2E:00:8C:0C:5C:CB:08:F9:E1:11"' and expected to be auto-mounted during HBA rescan cannot be found. Recovered device '60:06:01:60:02:F1:2E:00:8C:0C:5C:CB:08:F9:E1:11' not found after HBA rescan.

It seems to me the hosts are not seeing the recovery point lun devices? Am I missing something in my configuration?

1K Posts

October 9th, 2012 05:00

Did you put the LUN in the ESX storage group at the DR site?

6 Posts

October 18th, 2012 13:00

@trenner,

I'm running into this exact same error, SRM 5.0.1, RP 3.4SP3, at the exact same step.

Were you able to resolve this and if so what was the fix?

Thanks!

1K Posts

October 19th, 2012 05:00

skonde, when the SRM job fails, can you perform a disk rescan manually in vCenter and see if the datastore shows up? If you can then you might need to increase the number of disk rescans in SRM. I ran into this issue a while ago and remember that another disk rescan resolved the issue and thus I had to increase the number of disk rescans SRM did.

1K Posts

October 19th, 2012 06:00

The LUNs have to be in the RecoverPoint as well as the VMware storage group. The target LUNs need to belong to both storage groups.

6 Posts

October 19th, 2012 06:00

Ernes,

The devices do not show up under devices when I do a rescan in vSphere. What number do you recall setting the rescan count to under Advanced settings\storageProvider\storageProvider.hostRescanRepeatCnt?  I bumped my setting to 2.

Also, am I understanding you correctly that the Recoverpoint replicated luns at DR which are in the Recoverypoint storage group on the VNX are suppossed to be in the VMware storage group?   I did try moving those luns out of the recoverpoint SG into the vmware SG but SRM failed at step 1:

Error - Failed to sync data on replica consistency group '****'. Replication is not active for some reason in group copy.

1K Posts

October 19th, 2012 07:00

Excellent!

6 Posts

October 19th, 2012 07:00

Target luns were not in dr vmware SG, they are now, everything is working.  The error message was due to me clicking Test and not waiting for vcenter to intiate a rescan for  new devices.

No Events found!