Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2015 04:00

REST API to enable image access

I'm trying to use the REST API to enable image access

To prototype the calls I'm using powershell - plan to turn into c# once we know the command sequence we need.

I can find the snapshot using snapshots_for_time_and_date and get the id of the snapshot. When I try to use this to enable image access mode I get an error.

PS C:\htape\sn\cmd> Invoke-WebRequest -method post -Credential $credential -uri HTTPS://10.1.30.85/fapi/rest/4_0/settings/groups/659407330/copies/644881254048673798/1/actions/enable_image_access

-body "{""snapshot"":{""snapshotUID""{""id"":766629494}},""mode"":""LoggedAccess"",""scenario"":""Unknown""}"

-headers @{Accept="application/json";"Content-Type"="application/json"}

Invoke-WebRequest : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

At line:1 char:1

+ Invoke-WebRequest -method post -Credential $credential -uri HTTPS://172.17.30.85 ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-WebRequest], WebException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand

I'm guessing I missed something in the formatting of the JSON or something but I'd really appreciate it if anyone can spot what I've missed.

I know I could use invoke_RestMethod but the results are the same.

1.1K Posts

October 27th, 2015 11:00

Can you confirm if the IP address is the cluster/floating IP address of the RP cluster?

21 Posts

October 28th, 2015 02:00

The other calls work... I've obtained the group details, I've created a bookmark, I've got details (the Id) of the bookmark with settings/groups/ /copies/ / /snapshots_for_time_and_date - so clearly I am talking to something at seems to work, but do I need to talk to the remote RPA to enable the bookmark rather than just specifying the Cluster/copy that I got from the snapshots_for_time_and_date rather than doing everything talking to the same IP address?

1.1K Posts

October 29th, 2015 07:00

You need to use the cluster/management IP address or the IP address for either RPA1 or 2 when using REST API calls.

Re your last e-mail, I can see a mistype of cluster id.

675 Posts

October 29th, 2015 07:00

Hi there,

You can run the image access from the either clusters. Also, cluster and copy are required in all cases.

Regards,

Idan Kentor

@IdanKentor

21 Posts

October 29th, 2015 10:00

Looks like the correct answer is that description and closingTimestamp and required on the snapshot.  Had been using powershell, but now using curl to prototype as much easier to diagnose.

No Events found!